Quad64 v0.1.1 - A new open source SM64 level editor « 1 2 3 »
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

I think the "flatness" of the UI is only caused by Windows 10. IMO the current design is better, tho ultimately it's still to David to decide.
This is my signature

(14-07-2017, 07:53 PM)SuperToad64 Wrote: I also tested your sm64extender GUI program and sm64extend crashes if you go to custom and try to extend to 12MB and even all the way up to 18MB. So it works until you go under 18MB, it is supposed to be able to extend the size of a rom between 12MB to 64MB. Just a small bug, but it still crashes none the less.

Thanks for reporting the crash. 12MB is mostly a suggested lower limit on the data. It also crashes on my end for 12MB, but not for 13MB or higher. I'll look into it and see what a proper value is. If you use anything other than the defaults that the level importer uses, you're kind of on your own anyway.

(16-07-2017, 08:12 PM)Biobak Underscore Wrote:
I know catching up with TT64/adding features is a priority right now, but the UI could use some reworking.
-Why gradients in the move/rotate boxes when the whole UI is flat? I think it'd look better with flat colors. (you should drop the rounded corners too)
-Black font on dark grey background is a bit hard to read. You should change the text to white or make the background white.
-The serif font is weird.. You should use roboto/arial

This discussion on UI colors/fonts/etc. is classic bikeshedding, so let's try not to waste David's time with it. If you really feel UI changes need to be made, I think it would be better to make the changes you want and either show a screenshot here to show us or submit a PR so David can pull the changes in.

(16-07-2017, 09:12 PM)queueRAM Wrote: This discussion on UI colors/fonts/etc. is classic bikeshedding, so let's try not to waste David's time with it. If you really feel UI changes need to be made, I think it would be better to make the changes you want and either show a screenshot here to show us or submit a PR so David can pull the changes in.

I know this is not important, I just expressed my opinion. I don't have the knowledge to code in a different UI but I made a quick PS mockup of something that would look better. (http://i.imgur.com/CXRx2HR.png)
I was just giving advice to tweak the interface a bit. I never said it was super important or anything.
"Even if you build speed for 12 hours,  you can't escape the pain"

or just use TT64 pics if you want it to make look like TT64. There pretty accesible anyways.
[Image: bdebae7cba.jpg]

Also heres my Youtube.. I started a Tutorial series on how to make super sexy custom Levels.

I know I'm supposed to be dead, but I'm just wondering. If we're trying to make this compatible with more than just 64mb ROMs, will we have to have Skelux update his editor to be more compatible too? It'll be nice to have our simple level and texture edits not be 64mb, but if we can't have custom levels then what's the point?

So....um...how do i make the objects show in my level...i placed everything and saved it...but...when i loaded it, nothing was there...

(17-08-2017, 02:09 PM)LostWorldGamer Wrote: So....um...how do i make the objects show in my level...i placed everything and saved it...but...when i loaded it, nothing was there...

That could be possible reasons:
- If you set 'All Stars' then it works only if you enable the first five stars before. (Probably it is a bug.)
- There is a bug in the current version that a objects will not be saved, if it isn't moved. So just move it a bit and then Save.

If there was a Simple Version of it...

Any news on this, David? Sad
[Image: Mastery_sketchup.png] [Image: Mastery_paintdotnet.png]

I am not sure if developer of this project is still alive but I have made couple fixes and improvements to it.
Sources can be found here:
​https://github.com/aglab2/Quad64
current version:
​https://www.mediafire.com/file/z12v14vho0uqpu2/Quad64-unofficial.zip
changelog from v0.1.1:
​https://github.com/aglab2/Quad64/blob/master/changelog.txt

Quad64 v0.1.1 - A new open source SM64 level editor « 1 2 3 »