Poll: Do you like CajeASM?
Yes, it's damn useful!
Exactly what I need.
Nah, not really. But still a good program though.
I fucking hate it.
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.  

CajeASM v7.24 (Stable) - CajeASM is DEAD! 1 2 3 4 »
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

CajeASM is no longer going to be updated, and is declared dead!
​Instead, you can check out the better alternative, ARM9's fork of byuu's bass assembler: https://github.com/ARM9/bass. I strongly discourage you from using ARMIPS by Kingcom. (See : https://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=18868.msg268365#msg268365 )

Compiled ARM9 bass build here:
Size: 369.33 KB / Downloads: 225 .zip   bass.zip

(This post was last modified: 22-03-2023, 02:23 PM by Tarek701.)
R.I.P Tarek701. 2005-2016

So, made some improvement on RSP ASM:

[Image: a3b764a795900f3879850bf69ad7646a.png]

Still need to make the parser rules though and then I guess CajeASM v6.0 is finished and ready to be released.

EDIT:
Just saying, that MTC2 and MFC2 are the opcodes for moving values from vector registers to GPU registers. I have yet to discover 2 or 3 other rsp asm instructions and write parser rules for it. Then CajeASM v6.0 is done.
(This post was last modified: 24-01-2015, 11:05 PM by Nutta.)

So, guys. Today it's update time. After a while discovering all fucking RSP instructions myself, I finally got it done. Unfortunately, I couldn't work on the disassembler cause I didn't have time for it cause RSP ASM.

UPDATE(02/20/2015) - CajeASM v6.0 RELEASED!
  • ​[ADD]: Added RSP ASM Instruction Set.
  • ​[FIX]: Error when using more than 3 or 4 labels.
  • ​[FIX]: Some instructions not recognizing lowercased registers.
  • ​[FIX]: A lot of BitField errors (blame me)
  • ​[FIX]: Read/Write Error when including an asm file which includes asm files too which also include asm files. (lol)
  • ​[FIX]: Unclosed FileStreams; Sometimes caused some code not to be written. (blame me^2)
  • ​[FIX]: Counter error; didn't properly count the value out of range errors.
  • ​[FIX]: CajeASM sometimes didn't properly open rn64crc and chksum64 and so didn't fix the checksum.
  • ​[IMP]: Improved speed of CajeASM and use Streams properly now to save RAM. (Fastz)

The disassembler is not done yet and is coming in v6.2

Download Link:
​CajeASM v6.0

Thank you Tarek you came back, i still love you. (Question, are you still working on that ASM tutorial?)
[Image: Mastery_sketchup.png] [Image: Mastery_paintdotnet.png]

(20-02-2015, 07:11 PM)Mariohacker14 Wrote: Thank you Tarek you came back, i still love you. (Question, are you still working on that ASM tutorial?)

Yes, I'm back. I left SMWCentral for the reason because it sucked ass and was full of abusive moderators and admins who won't listen to clear evidence and would threaten to ban you and all this kind of funny stuff. CajeASM is not a virus or anything; I simply spread that liar around to get a quick ban and to get the moderators to completely delete CajeASM from the SMWCentral site, cause they clearly didn't deserve it. Heh.
And yes, I'm still working on the ASM Tutorial. Out of coincidence I just thought a few minutes before I saw your reply about extending it. Well things happen huh.

UPDATE(02/20/2015) - Quick Patch Fix!
[FIX]​: Label Counter unaligned.
[FIX]​: Undefined Labels didn't error and CajeASM GUI just closed without leaving any note to the user.
[FIX]​: FPU Branch Instruction didn't recover labelindex which caused CajeASM to suddenly stop and crash.

Download-Link:
​http://sm64-hacks.square7.ch/CajeASM%20v6.01.zip

Sorry 'bout that.
(This post was last modified: 20-02-2015, 10:22 PM by Tarek701.)

UPDATE(02/28/2015) - Addition
[ADD]​: CajeASM tells now where assembled code ends. (Included and normal asm file) -> "Code ends at: address."

Download-Link:
​http://sm64-hacks.square7.ch/CajeASM%20v6.02.zip
(This post was last modified: 28-02-2015, 08:27 PM by Tarek701.)

UPDATE(03/07/2015) - Fix
[FIX]​: Labels, Variables are now properly imported when including an ASM file.

More stuff is coming in v6.1.
Download-Link in main topic.

This and your MIPS assembly tutorial really needs to get more attention! I bet there's some ASM people out there begging for a program like this, but doesn't know that it alrady exists. Keep up the great work, and good luck!

(19-03-2015, 01:51 PM)Ideka Wrote: This and your MIPS assembly tutorial really needs to get more attention! I bet there's some ASM people out there begging for a program like this, but doesn't know that it alrady exists. Keep up the great work, and good luck!

Thanks. Not many people seem to give it much attention because we really lack in ASM coders. But I noticed a while ago that some people seem to get more interest to it. If the interest increases, I might add some more final features that makes it truly useful. This might eventually mean a 5th time of re-coding the whole tool, unfortunately. But the result would be then literally perfect.

CajeASM v7.24 (Stable) - CajeASM is DEAD! 1 2 3 4 »