Poll: The Best Paper of them All
Paper Mario N64
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Super Paper Mario
Paper Mario: Sticker Star
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.  

Which Paper Mario game is the Best one? 1 2 3 4 »
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

12: Question 
Paper Mario 2 > Paper Mario N64 > Super Paper Mario > Paper Mario: Sticker Star

Come at me.
[Image: e2TzCWP.gif?1][Image: k9lxoos.png]

Paper Mario 2 > Super Paper Mario > Paper Mario 64 (haven't played the last one)
[Image: Mastery_sketchup.png] [Image: Mastery_paintdotnet.png]

I would say the original one, but that is most likely because of nostalgia clouding my vision.

Sticker Star was a humongous disappointment though, only one I didn't complete because I was so disappointed
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2015, 02:18 AM by Mrhomelesshobo. Edit Reason: TYPOS )
Spoiler: The meaning of life.
[Image: man_vs_adam_sandler__the_finale_by_mrhom...8gso7w.png]

Sticker Star's the only one I haven't played. I take it I shouldn't? I really like the Paper Mario franchise in general and I wouldn't want to ruin that. Lol.

(07-02-2015, 02:47 AM)Trader Wrote: Sticker Star's the only one I haven't played. I take it I shouldn't? I really like the Paper Mario franchise in general and I wouldn't want to ruin that. Lol.

It's like they took what everyone loved about paper mario, put it into a blender and then threw out the blender.

(07-02-2015, 02:55 AM)Mrhomelesshobo Wrote:
(07-02-2015, 02:47 AM)Trader Wrote:
Sticker Star's the only one I haven't played. I take it I shouldn't? I really like the Paper Mario franchise in general and I wouldn't want to ruin that. Lol.

It's like they took what everyone loved about paper mario, put it into a blender and then threw out the blender.

This saddens me greatly. (  ._.)

(07-02-2015, 03:14 AM)Trader Wrote:
(07-02-2015, 02:55 AM)Mrhomelesshobo Wrote:
(07-02-2015, 02:47 AM)Trader Wrote:

This saddens me greatly. (  ._.)

It really does hurt, the beta images show it was going to be a traditional paper mario game
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/259/5/5/paper_mario__sticker_star_beta__9__final__by_supergoomba554-d6mlz5h.jpg

But then miyamoto came in and was like "LAWL LETS CHANGE EVERYTHING!"
http://kotaku.com/5964444/miyamoto-convinced-the-people-behind-paper-mario-sticker-star-to-ditch-the-story

That's surprising considering how successful the previous PMs were.

It's inherently risky, I feel, to accept the attitude that the old formula will always work. But I think that the PM series is a special case.

LOL, you call Sticker Star a Paper Mario game?! It's not even close to one! I traded that 'game' in a week after getting it for Christmas. It's SO BORING! No real level-ups, no star points, no badges, NOTHING OF VALUE. All you get are stickers (your only method of attacking), a crap ton of coins you don't need, sleep-inducing world-maps, and unfair boss-fights. There isn't even a story because Miyamoto ruined it by telling Intelligent Systems to tone down the things which, you know, are vital to an RPG! Super Paper Mario is God by comparison because that game did more interesting things despite not being like the first two.

Anyway, sorry about that rant. I adore both Paper Mario 64 and TTYD, but the second game is technically better because it actually improved upon the formula instead of downgrading it like the newer games did.
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2015, 10:09 PM by Flame8765.)

As much as I love the original Paper Mario (since it was a major part of my childhood), I'm gonna have to say Thousand Year Door. It takes everything that made the first game great and multiplies it.
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2015, 10:03 PM by Mogsiah.)
[Image: SilverSanic.gif]

Which Paper Mario game is the Best one? 1 2 3 4 »