Poll: The Best Paper of them All
Paper Mario N64
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Super Paper Mario
Paper Mario: Sticker Star
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.  

Which Paper Mario game is the Best one? « 1 2 3 4 »
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Naw, Sticker Star is a NEW SUPER MARIO BROS game with a PAPER SKIN.

Seriously.
[Image: e2TzCWP.gif?1][Image: k9lxoos.png]

Paper Mario stickerstar > Paper mario 64 > Super Paper mario > Paper mario The Thousand year door

Yes,

Come at me and hate me.

I played all four games in chronological order. Unlike many people I think that games can change their gameplay, as long as it is fun to play. Paper mario stickerstar was fun to play, the graphics where good and the music was great. Paper mario TTYD on the other hand was just a copy of paper mario 64. The story was too long and it was not interesting, and that destroyed it pretty much for me.

I would love to see another paper mario stickerstar Styled game. The gameplay can change to the n64 version for me but I like the graphical styles over every game of the four.

(09-02-2015, 03:33 PM)Jesse Wrote: Paper Mario stickerstar > Paper mario 64 > Super Paper mario > Paper mario The Thousand year door

[Image: thisisbait.png]

(09-02-2015, 03:33 PM)Jesse Wrote:
Unlike many people I think that games can change their gameplay, as long as it is fun to play.

But then it's not the same game. This is game design 101. This is like if Devil May Cry was called Resident Evil 5, yeah it started off as a new Resident Evil game but since the gameplay mechanics were too different, they made a new IP instead.

(09-02-2015, 03:33 PM)Jesse Wrote:
The story was too long and it was not interesting, and that destroyed it pretty much for me.

Long stories are bad? And the Train chapter wasn't interesting?

I can't take your reponse seriously.

I think jesse doesn't know that the japanese name of the games are Mario Story. ;p

(09-02-2015, 06:33 PM)BlackStone187 Wrote: I think jesse doesn't know that the japanese name of the games are Mario Story. ;p

Only the first Paper Mario is called Mario Story in japan.
Spoiler: The meaning of life.
[Image: man_vs_adam_sandler__the_finale_by_mrhom...8gso7w.png]

ive only played the wii and the GC game, i think the GC game is unplayably bad, while the wii game is endurable.
worst part was that dumb chapter in TTYD where you had to visit all the towns again for no fucking reason and you had to watch these stupid trainstation cutscenes.

(09-02-2015, 07:45 PM)Kaze Wrote: ive only played the wii and the GC game, i think the GC game is unplayably bad, while the wii game is endurable.
worst part was that dumb chapter in TTYD where you had to visit all the towns again for no fucking reason and you had to watch these stupid trainstation cutscenes.

This is the first time I've seen any say Paper Mario TTYD is just shit in general.

Now I've seen everything.

I don't remember the train chapter. Anyway, I do not say the game is horribly bad, I say I do not like it as much as stickerstar

Sticker star dissapointed me because I didn't get the product I was hyped for. tTYD is pretty good imo but it feels pretty closed off. PM64 is also pretty decent but I'd like the change the fuck out of it because it has things I just dislike a lot. And last but not least SPM is my favourite since it sucked me in the most. And I love the 2-d, 3-d stuff.

(09-02-2015, 03:33 PM)Jesse Wrote: I played all four games in chronological order. Unlike many people I think that games can change their gameplay, as long as it is fun to play. Paper mario stickerstar was fun to play, the graphics where good and the music was great. Paper mario TTYD on the other hand was just a copy of paper mario 64. The story was too long and it was not interesting, and that destroyed it pretty much for me.

I would love to see another paper mario stickerstar Styled game. The gameplay can change to the n64 version for me but I like the graphical styles over every game of the four.

This makes me wonder how many of us dislike Sticker Star simply because it wasn't like the previous games (which we liked). Would we all have different opinions about SS if it were the first game in the PM series?

Chances are, were I to play SS, I would dislike it, because I have a certain expectation of (an alleged) PM game since I put a lot of hours in PM64 and TTYD. We're limited by our personal experiences, and so it is often difficult to critique from outside our own shoes.

Can SS stand on its own as a (good) game free of its predecessors' mechanics? Or are its mechanics legitimately flawed, and not just because it's not like the generally popular TTYD and PM64?

Which Paper Mario game is the Best one? « 1 2 3 4 »