Project64 Debugger « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

I wrongly assumed that the API script resource would be null-terminated automatically -- this ought to fix it https://github.com/shygoo/project64/commit/f355937054bf07dba86c33532d127d54ee840bf3

Edit: while I'm in here, here's a neat little thing I'm adding:
[Image: 1a040e383a7386ad31cf1a1f6c747d68.gif]
It's like LemASM but with RAM. I'm thinking of making changes exportable to asm source files or savable directly to the ROM using logged DMA information.
(This post was last modified: 15-03-2017, 06:10 AM by shygoo.)
My threads are now being maintained here

Just wanted to post in here, I've been using your PJ64 debugger heavily for my forays into the Mario Golf 64 rom, and it has been so incredibly useful. Thank you again for making this.

Hey Shygoo, this looks amazing but I am on mac. Would it be possible to create a emulator for mac with this built in? All the n64 emulators for mac (that are good) are just for playing. Thank you!
Got Akira Himegawa's 10 Zelda Manga's for christmas, I can die happy now.

(15-03-2017, 06:08 AM)mib_f8sm9c Wrote: Just wanted to post in here, I've been using your PJ64 debugger heavily for my forays into the Mario Golf 64 rom, and it has been so incredibly useful. Thank you again for making this.

You're very welcome! I'm glad you guys are enjoying it.

Gamecubed Wrote:
Hey Shygoo, this looks amazing but I am on mac. Would it be possible to create a emulator for mac with this built in? All the n64 emulators for mac (that are good) are just for playing. Thank you!

Sorry, I can't help much there. I would try to run it in a VM or WINE if possible.

All well, thanks! I plain on purchasing a 1tb mac mini in the summer. (Birthday money will get me enough) I will get boot camp on there. Thanks!
`
(This post was last modified: 15-03-2017, 11:43 PM by Gamecubed.)
Got Akira Himegawa's 10 Zelda Manga's for christmas, I can die happy now.

Hello all - I've got a favor to ask as I cannot figure it out myself!

I've been working with a couple of others to try and get into the time control center for Goldeneye and can I say that this debug build is really everything I could have dreamed it'd be! It completely removes the need for many of the other external tools that I use to use.

I've just one question: When I place a breakpoint in memory for either read or write the system pauses, is there any way for me to see where the value has been accessed from? I read through the thread and got the feeling that this should already be happening, just chances are that I've done something wrong!

Cheers everyone! Smile

Not sure I understand - is the commands window not behaving properly? If so, the CPU core style has to be set to 'Interpreter' in the game settings.
(This post was last modified: 28-03-2017, 02:17 PM by shygoo.)

(28-03-2017, 02:17 PM)shygoo Wrote: Not sure I understand - is the commands window not behaving properly? If so, the CPU core style has to be set to 'Interpreter' in the game settings.

Sorry! I'm terrible at explaining things! I've put a on-write-breakpoint in memory for a value I'm chasing (if interested: it's the timing center of GE) and emulation does pause, but is there a way to figure out where it's being written or read from?

The R4300i command window should pop up when it pauses
Gone for a while.

(29-03-2017, 09:38 AM)Nutta Wrote: The R4300i command window should pop up when it pauses

Thank you for the immediate reply! I really do appreciate it.

Hmmm...It'd appear that we might have half the problem here. The window wasn't appearing (but in many cases I did have it open as I'd been browsing it also). I assume that the breakpoint for a write is supposed to highlite where in the code the writing was done from...that's the bit that doesn't seem to have happened. My other thought is that I'm supposed to be reading the programme counter to figure out where the code block is.

I've stripped and reinstalled PJ64 1.7 and 1.6 (for shits and giggles) but haven't had all that much luck with either. Is there a specific build that works best?

Project64 Debugger « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »