Nintendo Switch Presentation (Discussion, Analysis)
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

With all the Switch games which have just been previewed by Nintendo, I thought it would be good to have a thread for discussion. Below are some of the games Nintendo announced.

I'm liking the direction Mario Odyssey seems to have taken. They've ditched all the recent trends in Mario games - linear design is now open-world, lack of new characters is now 90% new characters, overused generic themes are gone i.e. lava, beach, ice etc (hopefully difficulty is up too).

Sonic Mania looks like it's virtually an elaborate ROM hack.

Spoiler: Super Mario Odyssey

Spoiler: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Spoiler: TLoZ: Breath of the Wild

Spoiler: Splatoon 2

Spoiler: Super Bomberman R

Spoiler: Fire Emblem Warriors

Spoiler: Xeno Chronicles 2

Spoiler: 1-2 Switch

Spoiler: ARMS

Spoiler: Puyo Puyo Tetris

Spoiler: Sonic Mania

(This post was last modified: 13-01-2017, 10:32 AM by Skeletons.)

I agree on the Mario part. It looks really refreshing, I can't wait to run around and explore all the things in a full non-linear area. I really don't understand how people thought that it was gonna be another game of the 3D series in the first place. Althought I'm a little unsure about the humans thing... I'll get used to it eventually. Also I wonder what the hats are all about. You can see these Crazy Hat Shops everywhere so I wonder if Mario will get rid of his red cap at some point. Overall I'm really excited to get my hands on it.

(13-01-2017, 10:35 AM)Quasmok Wrote: I agree on the Mario part. It looks really refreshing, I can't wait to run around and explore all the things in a full non-linear area. I really don't understand how people thought that it was gonna be another game of the 3D series in the first place. Althought I'm a little unsure about the humans thing... I'll get used to it eventually. Also I wonder what the hats are all about. You can see these Crazy Hat Shops everywhere so I wonder if Mario will get rid of his red cap at some point. Overall I'm really excited to get my hands on it.

I agree. The mario odyssey game looks very nice. It's refreshing seeing a open world game. The hat thing is cool. Also I wonder in mario kart 8 deluxe if they will get a new battle mode. This would be nice

Quote:I agree. The mario odyssey game looks very nice. It's refreshing seeing a open world game. The hat thing is cool. Also I wonder in mario kart 8 deluxe if they will get a new battle mode. This would be nice

The trailer also contains some battle stages, such as a remake of MKDDs Luigi's Mansion and a Splatoon themed one as well.

To be honest, I think it's pretty weird that Nintendo announces the new Mario Kart Upgrade and shows the battle stages as a new feature - something that most other Mario Kart Games had before. I feel like we get the full Mario Kart 8 now - sold as an entirely new game.
(This post was last modified: 13-01-2017, 11:19 AM by Quasmok.)

Mario Odyssey looks fun. He is a regular greek hero.
Got Akira Himegawa's 10 Zelda Manga's for christmas, I can die happy now.

This is what I saw when I watched the trailer:

We have another two 5ths of a screenshot of Super Mario Odyssey from the software line-up video.

(13-01-2017, 11:02 PM)Skeletons Wrote: We have another two 5ths of a screenshot of Super Mario Odyssey from the software line-up video.

oh no, not again...
[Image: 180px-PirateShips_PinnaPark.png]

Nintendo Switch Presentation (Discussion, Analysis)