MK64 Mod Tool 1 2 3 4 5 »
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Hi,

In the thread about my Windows app in c# about Mario Kart64.

​MK64 Mod Tool can :
  • mod speed for each characters on 50cc, 100cc, 150cc, extra and battle mode
  • ​mod acceleration for each characters
  • ​mod weight for each characters
  • ​resign rom OK, compatibility emulator and Nintendo 64

[IMG]​https://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/688152Sanstitre.png[/IMG]

It's a "beta" version.

Download : MK64 Mod Tool v0.1
French official release : http://bidouillouzzz.blogspot.com/2017/07/mario-kartmod-tool-v01.html

Thanks : PeterLemon for that https://github.com/PeterLemon/N64/blob/master/Hack/Mario%20Kart%2064%201500cc/Mario%20Kart%2064%201500cc.asm

​Todo list (for v0.2):
  • Change of name Weight by Robustness
  • ​Changing the names of speeds
  • ​Addition of 17 new values in Acceleration
  • ​Adding pointers to Global Acceleration
  • ​Multiplayer blocking / unlocking option with the same characters
  • ​Option to block / unblock music in 3 and 4 players
  • ​Adding the Direction Box
(This post was last modified: 30-07-2017, 08:00 PM by zouzzz.)

wow dude this is awesome! i'm going to try this!

I have tried his new editor and I like what he can do until now (especially since I do not understand some things and values ​​very well). So some things I have not noticed yet great difference.

These are my experiences with the editor:

- I've noticed that the editor does things especially if you change the speed by 10 in 10.
- I've noticed a big difference if you change the Yoshi values ​​of speed, weight and global acceleration by the values ​​of Wario, or you still notice more when Wario has the values ​​of Yoshi.

- the weight of the characters is strange, because it does not seem to be noticed in the driving, what is more noticeable is if a character is weaker (anyone who hits without weapons can damage it) or strong and almost invincible because everything Character approaching will be damaged.

I think Zouzzz that you will continue with new versions for this program, so I would like to make suggestions for future versions of the program:

-can you explain better the differences between Global Acceleration and speeds 50cc, 100cc, 150cc, extra and batlle?

- can be increased in the selection lists 50cc, 100cc, 150cc, extra and batlle the maximum and minimum values ​​of speed?

- Can you increase the minimum and maximum values ​​of Global Aceleration? With the current values ​​it seems that no vehicle can accelerate faster than Peach, Toad or Yoshi.

- do you believe Zouzzz that you can edit the movements of the characters, how to take the turns, the turns, the hardness of the steering wheel spin? This is called handling? Or do you think it is the weight that influences the handling of the vehicles? On the other hand it seems that the handling of the vehicles is something different according to the character, because nothing else you have to see Yoshi or Donkey when they take curves as they incline the body exaggeratedly with respect to the rest of the characters. I would like the editor to incorporate something to make changes in this aspect.

- the moment editor does not allow opening a modified rom (for example I have tried opening a rom with Banjo, but it will not let me open it). Neither does the editor allow you to reopen a same rom that you have already used with this program. I would like to be able to open roms that are already modified, because in the future this besides being a great tool will be a great complement, for example for people who have already edited anything within the rom and need to make changes.

(26-07-2017, 03:19 PM)SATURN_81 Wrote: I have tried his new editor and I like what he can do until now (especially since I do not understand some things and values very well). So some things I have not noticed yet great difference.

These are my experiences with the editor:

- I've noticed that the editor does things especially if you change the speed by 10 in 10.

Can you explain please (in easy english, my english is poor)

(26-07-2017, 03:19 PM)SATURN_81 Wrote:
- I've noticed a big difference if you change the Yoshi values of speed, weight and global acceleration by the values of Wario, or you still notice more when Wario has the values of Yoshi.

Can you explain please (in easy english, my english is poor)

- the weight of the characters is strange, because it does not seem to be noticed in the driving, what is more noticeable is if a character is weaker (anyone who hits without weapons can damage it) or strong and almost invincible because everything Character approaching will be damaged.

A L size'll beat by a M size...
A XXL size can beat all the sizes.
Weight isn't the good designation. It is more robustness than weight. I'll change in v0.2.

I think Zouzzz that you will continue with new versions for this program, so I would like to make suggestions for future versions of the program:

-can you explain better the differences between Global Acceleration and speeds 50cc, 100cc, 150cc, extra and batlle?

Acceleration is ... the acceleration. :-)
50cc, 100cc, 150cc, extra and batlleis only the maximum speed.

- can be increased in the selection lists 50cc, 100cc, 150cc, extra and batlle the maximum and minimum values of speed?

Yes, i think i can in the v0.2.

- Can you increase the minimum and maximum values of Global Aceleration? With the current values it seems that no vehicle can accelerate faster than Peach, Toad or Yoshi.

Peach, Toad and Yoshi have the best acceleration but i can see if i can increase the values.

- do you believe Zouzzz that you can edit the movements of the characters, how to take the turns, the turns, the hardness of the steering wheel spin? This is called handling? Or do you think it is the weight that influences the handling of the vehicles? On the other hand it seems that the handling of the vehicles is something different according to the character, because nothing else you have to see Yoshi or Donkey when they take curves as they incline the body exaggeratedly with respect to the rest of the characters. I would like the editor to incorporate something to make changes in this aspect.

Maybe, i'll see if i can make something.

- the moment editor does not allow opening a modified rom (for example I have tried opening a rom with Banjo, but it will not let me open it). Neither does the editor allow you to reopen a same rom that you have already used with this program. I would like to be able to open roms that are already modified, because in the future this besides being a great tool will be a great complement, for example for people who have already edited anything within the rom and need to make changes.

Ok, i'll delete the size control in v0.2.

The first thing I wanted to say is that I had not noticed any difference after having made some change with the program, especially if the change was small (for example changing the speed from 71Km to 72K or 73Km). Then I made changes with larger values ​​and if I start to notice some changes or differences. That is very good but I think it should be improved. So yesterday I asked if I could amuentar the maximum and minimum values ​​of the editor's menu.

In the second paragraph I meant to notice big changes and that his tool really worked when I put the acceleration, weight, speed of Yoshi to Wario. The result was a Wario, lightweight, acceleration and speed like Yoshi (it's like you have a Yoshi but disguised as Wario). I did the same with Yoshi, I put the acceleration, weight and speed of Wario, and the result was a Yoshi that cost him more speed, slower speed, and greater weight (this time like a Wario disguised as Yoshi).

I hope this time I have used an easy English for you Zouzzz. My English is also poor and I must learn more. I use google translator to write and for that I do well, but when I have to read a translated page I think that Google translator is not so good. By the way, Zouzzz, are you French? I do not know anything about French, but I ask you since you made the tool in French version too. I am from Spain and I think some French people know Spanish. If we both speak the same language, that would be good

I have a little problem with the editor:
When Bowser changed weight by Peach, yoshi or Toad (I have not tried the rest of the weight available in the editor with Bowser). If you select the category EXTRA Bowser can not be handled by human players (the accelerator does not seem to work or button A) and neither can the CPU handle it, Bowser remains stop without being able to move throughout the race. In the rest of categories 50cc, 100cc and 150cc this problem does not happen.

I will continue to report if I encounter more problems of this type.

Yes, i'm french.

(27-07-2017, 03:55 PM)SATURN_81 Wrote: ​The first thing I wanted to say is that I had not noticed any difference after having made some change with the program, especially if the change was small (for example changing the speed from 71Km to 72K or 73Km). Then I made changes with larger values and if I start to notice some changes or differences. That is very good but I think it should be improved. So yesterday I asked if I could amuentar the maximum and minimum values of the editor's menu.
No really enormous differences between 70, 71.5, 73 and 75 km/h but there are still differences, look :

(27-07-2017, 03:55 PM)SATURN_81 Wrote: ​In the second paragraph I meant to notice big changes and that his tool really worked when I put the acceleration, weight, speed of Yoshi to Wario. The result was a Wario, lightweight, acceleration and speed like Yoshi (it's like you have a Yoshi but disguised as Wario). I did the same with Yoshi, I put the acceleration, weight and speed of Wario, and the result was a Yoshi that cost him more speed, slower speed, and greater weight (this time like a Wario disguised as Yoshi).
Yes, it's normal. I don't understand your pb.

(27-07-2017, 03:55 PM)SATURN_81 Wrote: ​I have a little problem with the editor:

When Bowser changed weight by Peach, yoshi or Toad (I have not tried the rest of the weight available in the editor with Bowser). If you select the category EXTRA Bowser can not be handled by human players (the accelerator does not seem to work or button A) and neither can the CPU handle it, Bowser remains stop without being able to move throughout the race. In the rest of categories 50cc, 100cc and 150cc this problem does not happen.

I will continue to report if I encounter more problems of this type.

Tested Bowser with Peach'weight on Extra and works, i can play with Bowser. I don't understand.
(This post was last modified: 29-07-2017, 01:17 PM by zouzzz.)

Thanks for the video with the you can see the differences that a small change does.

You say to me: Yes, it's normal. I do not understand your pb.
Well there was really no problem. With this I wanted to explain where I noticed the big changes when using the editor, that is, a too light weight Wario is an exaggerated change and a Yoshi too heavy too.

I also do not understand the problem with Bowser in EXTRA mode. In the editor the weights of the light characters that I can choose are either Toad or Peach / Yoshi. I can not choose separately in the editor the weight of Peach or Yoshi. The weight of these two perosnajes are together.you tell me that to you if it works so you really do not know what is going on. I checked if this happened with the unmodified MK64 rom and this problem does not occur with Bowser in the EXTRA mode. I use Project64 and I do not know if it can be the problem of the emulator. It may be from my emulator that this bad because for some time I had Gameshark codes that worked for me in the past and for some time some codes now do not seem to work.

Todo list on 1st post.

[Image: v0_2_110.png]

[Image: v0_2_210.png]

New version released.
Changelog / added :
Removal of the size control of the rom.
Change of name Weight by Robustness
Changing the names of speeds
Addition of 17 new values in Acceleration
Adding pointers to Global Acceleration
Multiplayer blocking / unlocking option with the same characters
Option to block / unblock music in 3 and 4 players
Adding the Direction Box

A official link release : http://bidouillouzzz.blogspot.com/2017/08/mario-kart-64-mod-tool-v02.html
DL : MK64 Mod Tool v0.2

MK64 Mod Tool 1 2 3 4 5 »