I require a bit of help with n64split!
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

So, I am currently working on a translation for sm64 shindou edition. Once I have it recompiled I am going to see what I can do, but if I have issues I may ask for more assistance. But anyway lets get into the issue!

So I have decompiled the rom of sm64 shindou edition with n64split, but I am having issues recompiling it. When using instructions bundled with n64split to recompile the rom with n64chain, it errors out saying i do not have some files that are required in order to recompile the rom. I tried changing some of the files it would look for, (sm64.ld to sm64.shindou.ld for example) but with only some luck. It accepted these new files I directed it to, but it failed to find an elf and bin file...

If you are wondering how I was able to decompile shindou edition it took alittle bit of navigating the sm64tools git to find some config files that worked with the latest release.

(I apologize for anything I might've done wrong in this post, I am new here and I believe I am following the rules from what I remember reading.)

Any help with this issue would be highly appreciated!

First, just to make sure we're on the same page: n64split only disassembles, it doesn't decompile.

Second, the released version of n64split 0.4a doesn't have the capability to re-assemble SM64 Shindou Edition ROM. There isn't enough of the ROM decoded yet to allow for full assembly. The output of it should be used for reference only (e.g. for figuring out where certain routines are and what they do). You can then create custom assembly patches using a more convenient assembler, like armips.

I require a bit of help with n64split!