How do you replace compressed textures and edit the text in Star Fox 64?
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

So I want to make a hack of Star Fox 64 with custom sounds replacing every voice clip in the game. Sound editing with the N64SoundListTool is simple enough for me. But to go with the new voice clips, I need to change the in-game text to actually reflect what the characters are saying and I need to replace the radio-chatter character portraits as well.

I can replace the non-compressed textures with Texture64 just fine and I know how to find the compressed texture files by using GEDecompress and then using Texture64 on the .bin files. But I don't know what to do after I replace a texture within the .bin file. If I try to just inject the new .bin file into the rom, the game crashes when the textures associated with that .bin file appear. If I use GEDecompress to compress that .bin file before injecting it into the rom, those textures are glitched out. And I made sure that my new textures were smaller in file size compared to the originals as well. So I'm guessing I'm supposed to use some other program to compress the .bin files after I edit them?

Edit: I know why changing the textures in the .bin doesn't work. The modified .bin doesn't have the same compression size as the original and I have no idea how to change it.
(This post was last modified: 21-02-2018, 11:26 PM by SaiyaPeople. Edit Reason: More information )

How do you replace compressed textures and edit the text in Star Fox 64?