n64split v0.4a: ROM splitter and build system « 1 2 3 4 5 »
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

(12-07-2015, 10:49 PM)queueRAM Wrote:
(12-07-2015, 09:52 PM)Solaris Wrote:
Does this tool work with more than SM64?

In theory n64split can be configured to work with any N64 ROM.  However, each game (and each version of each game) will need its own config file spelled out so the tool knows how to split it up.  Also, some custom script parsers would probably need to be written for each game, such as the level, geo layout, and behavior parsers that I created for SM64.

If there is a game that you are interested in running through n64split and you have some hacking notes for it, I can help take a stab at generating an initial config file for it.

Hi, this tool seems pretty efficient. Would it work for WCW nWo Revenge and other similar AKI wrestling games? I'd love to decipher the codes in those ROMs so that I can transfer characters between games. Problem is, I have no clue what code pertains to what character. Thanks for any help!

Hi, does anyone know if this tool works on the AKI wrestling games? Thanks!
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2016, 04:50 PM by Romfan10.)

(05-02-2016, 04:14 PM)Romfan10 Wrote:
(12-07-2015, 10:49 PM)queueRAM Wrote:
If there is a game that you are interested in running through n64split and you have some hacking notes for it, I can help take a stab at generating an initial config file for it.

Hi, this tool seems pretty efficient. Would it work for WCW nWo Revenge and other similar AKI wrestling games? I'd love to decipher the codes in those ROMs so that I can transfer characters between games. Problem is, I have no clue what code pertains to what character. Thanks for any help!

The disassembler part of n64split has worked for any game I've thrown at it, so I don't see any reason it wouldn't work for the games you mentioned. However, I don't own any of these titles so I cannot look. As you quoted me though, if there is a game that you are interested in running through n64split and you have some hacking notes for it, I can help take a stab at generating an initial config file for it.

Btw is there any plans for creating tools for working with the disasm of SM64?

Like model converter, object position editor, etc?

(03-03-2016, 05:57 AM)LuigiXHero Wrote: Btw is there any plans for creating tools for working with the disasm of SM64?

Like model converter, object position editor, etc?

Have you looked at Jedi's New Level Editor? It includes a copy of and works with n64split (albeit v0.3).

I'm pretty sure that proc_80383BB0 is the RNG function. Watch this video from pannenkoek2012: https://youtu.be/MiuLeTE2MeQ?t=1m26s
As you can see, the values in conditional expressions (0x560A and 0xAA55) are both in the video and the sm64.s file

Not understanding how the config files are dsigned, so don't know what to tell you about the paper mario rom research I did... Any chanche of PM being implemented?
Lorem Ipsum.

(13-06-2016, 12:52 PM)Fendoroid Wrote: I'm pretty sure that proc_80383BB0 is the RNG function. Watch this video from pannenkoek2012: https://youtu.be/MiuLeTE2MeQ?t=1m26s
As you can see, the values in conditional expressions (0x560A and 0xAA55) are both in the video and the sm64.s file

Fendoroid, thanks for reporting this. However, abitalive already beat you to it! 80383BB0 returns a random U16. There are two other random functions nearby. I have many updates to the SM64 config file committed to the git repository: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/queueRAM/sm64tools/master/configs/sm64.u.config

I've made a lot of progress in the config files, but there are a few more things I want to add to n64split before making the next official release. If you discover any more function usages, check this file and if not already present (or incorrect) please keep posting them here.

(13-06-2016, 03:54 PM)RobiNERD Wrote:
Not understanding how the config files are dsigned, so don't know what to tell you about the paper mario rom research I did... Any chanche of PM being implemented?

RobiNERD, can you ask a more specific question about what you do not understand regarding the structure of the config file? They are fairly well documented in the comments. I have no intention of adding a Paper Mario config file. However, as I have mentioned in my previous posts in this thread, if there is a game you want added I gladly accept pull requests or if you just have some hacking notes on the structure of the ROM, I can take a stab at generating an initial config file for it.

Thoughts on v0.5
After some discussion on IRC today, I thought it'd be good to post my plans for 0.5 and the current status. I welcome any of your thoughts and opinions on any of these matters.

3D Models
1. Choose 3D file format to use for models that support vertex coloring [WIP, looking at Collada or VRML/X3D]
2. Implement F3D->model converter [WIP]
3. Implement model->F3D converter [TODO Use sm64Import as base?]

Graphics
4. Support all RGBA and IA/I formats in n64graphics [DONE]
5. Support for CI image formats [DONE]
6. Rewrite graphics code to convert .png->.bin and include in assembly code [TODO]

Disassembly
7. Add option to insert comments with addresses and word for each instruction [DONE]
8. Add option to merge LUI/LW and LUI/ADDIU pairs into pseudo-instructions [DONE]
9. Rewrite core disassembler to output all "asm" section [TODO]
10. Map levels, geo layout, and display lists to segmented addressing [TODO]
11. Decode RAM .data addresses [TODO]

Re-Assembly
12. Considering using 'armips' instead of GNU as/ld to rebuild, at least as an option [TODO]
Advantages: can easily ship 'armps' with n64split, easier to maintain and read, supports dialog text encoding
Disadvantages: cannot have .bss segment, single-file assembly

Config Files
13. Remove 'memory' section and relocate existing info into 'ranges' [TODO]
14. Support .data addresses [TODO]
15. Add some way to comment functions [TODO]
16. Switch from libconfig to YAML [DONE]
17. Add tool to help automate creating a new config file from emulator tracing and logging [WIP]
18. Add more config files for MK64, Blast Corps, Super Smash Bros. [WIP]
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2017, 12:20 AM by queueRAM.)

Looking forward to 3D models the most, if only it could be ripped to obj along with the binary files but that sounds like a lot of work to implement.
Gone for a while.

I really need a split of the Shindou Edition because I have to rip some sounds from it. Can you please add a config for it?
(This post was last modified: 17-10-2016, 01:58 AM by Essem.)

n64split v0.4a: ROM splitter and build system « 1 2 3 4 5 »