MLConverter - Mario & Luigi superstar saga music converter (and more stuff) « 1 2
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

> re-write the game
how is this an answer to anything lol

Anyway there are a few problems which may explain why that rip is so bad and why there hasn't been a proper one as of now.

First of the sample rate is not stored but calculated, this makes it hard to figure out what the proper sample rate is. I think they use a standard value of 0x1000 now.

Secondly most of the fields of the structs used to store information about the samples are unknown. Not only that, but I believe there were like 40 32-bit integers for each sample while I expected there to be around 6. To make it even worse most of these fields are zero, with no sign of there being a value for looping or anything related to that.

And at last not all of the instruments are actually stored as data, but some are created when needed. These are mostly "8-bit" sounds like sines etc.

The only way to figure this out is by debugging everything but that takes a lot of time (not to mention I could hardly debug anything at all at the time I made this program).

The only hope I have is trying to get in touch with the person who updated it on glitchkill, other than that, nothing. And I thought GAMECUBE Ripping was hard, this seems utterly impossible at this point and it's for the GAMEBOY ADVANCE XD

Gamecube uses a file system, gameboy advance doesn't so its harder to figure out the where and what on a gba than on a gamecube imo.

But never say never, I may get into the soundfont data again if I find my docs on it. Figuring out and providing a neat soundfont is never impossible!

Also would you mind sharing the name of the guy who made that soundfont or a link to the board post where he posted it?

Oh, sure http://glitchkill.proboards.com/thread/6130/popular-video-game-soundfonts I don't remember the guy who added it, but it's the one that says "Updated instruments" the original one just has stuff only from the mario bros minigame.

MLConverter - Mario & Luigi superstar saga music converter (and more stuff) « 1 2