Blast Corps Hacking « 1 2 3 4 5 »
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

I saw that, and btw you may recognize my name from the buffed mars video Wink But all I'm getting when loading is the levels grayed out. Ideas on fixing?

Maybe just a link to a proper file extension ROM for Project64 should work
(This post was last modified: 26-01-2017, 08:58 PM by shygoo. Edit Reason: merged posts )

(26-12-2016, 02:06 AM)gcr27 Wrote: Very fast rom problem with 1964 emulator any rom of this game (blast corps) I try to the same problem graph microcode
I'M HAVING PROBLEMS TO EXTRACT BLAST CORPS MODELS I USE SEVERAL EMULATORS NOR WITH lemmy video debugger ERRORS APPEARS VERY MISTAKES WHEN I'LL CHARGE ROMS I CREATED VRLM PASTE AND NOTHING

I just tried running Blast Corps on 1964 and had the same problems. Doesn't looks like it runs under 1964. However, I was able to get Lemmy's Direct3D 9 plugin working on Nemu64. The game runs a little fast under Nemu, but I was able to export a VRML file. I'm attaching a zip file that contains the original WRL and a DAE file that I cleaned up in Blender to isolate the carrier. I'm not very good with 3D modeling, so this is the most I can do.

[Image: tyKu3Xh.png]

(21-01-2017, 04:55 AM)VorteXiumBC Wrote:
But all I'm getting when loading is the levels grayed out. Ideas on fixing?

Maybe just a link to a proper file extension ROM for P64 should work

What do you mean "when loading the levels grayed out"? What file are you loading and what are you loaded it into? Can you post a screenshot?

Attached Files
Size: 511.79 KB / Downloads: 60 .zip   blast_corps_carrier_models.zip

(26-01-2017, 08:25 PM)queueRAM Wrote:
(26-12-2016, 02:06 AM)gcr27 Wrote:
Very fast rom problem with 1964 emulator any rom of this game (blast corps) I try to the same problem graph microcode
I'M HAVING PROBLEMS TO EXTRACT BLAST CORPS MODELS I USE SEVERAL EMULATORS NOR WITH lemmy video debugger ERRORS APPEARS VERY MISTAKES WHEN I'LL CHARGE ROMS I CREATED VRLM PASTE AND NOTHING

I just tried running Blast Corps on 1964 and had the same problems. Doesn't looks like it runs under 1964. However, I was able to get Lemmy's Direct3D 9 plugin working on Nemu64. The game runs a little fast under Nemu, but I was able to export a VRML file. I'm attaching a zip file that contains the original WRL and a DAE file that I cleaned up in Blender to isolate the carrier. I'm not very good with 3D modeling, so this is the most I can do.

[Image: tyKu3Xh.png]

(21-01-2017, 04:55 AM)VorteXiumBC Wrote:
But all I'm getting when loading is the levels grayed out. Ideas on fixing?

Maybe just a link to a proper file extension ROM for P64 should work

What do you mean "when loading the levels grayed out"? What file are you loading and what are you loaded it into? Can you post a screenshot?

I mean like, I can't select a level to edit, It all just kinda isn't selectable. My ROM comes in a .zip, not the type of file Most ROMs typically come in I guess by Aurum's post (Sunikazekun)

Ok I got it working, but I encountered a bug, when you add a building and set it to "count" the level will not complete in time attack mode

I'll get a video, but before I do: Two things:
1) Is there any way to delete already existing objects?
2) I saw some strange bug, and Now I don't have shuttle gully.

(04-02-2017, 07:06 AM)VorteXiumBC Wrote: Ok I got it working, but I encountered a bug, when you add a building and set it to "count" the level will not complete in time attack mode

Interesting. It adds it to the count, but doesn't increment when the building is destroyed. I'll have to look more into this.

(07-02-2017, 04:56 PM)VorteXiumBC Wrote:

Currently, the only way to delete an object is to select it using the arrow tool, and press the 'Delete' key.

As in Shuttle Gully doesn't show up in the drop-down menu, or when you load Shuttle Gully from the drop-down, nothing displays? Or as in when you play the game, Shuttle Gully doesn't appear? A simple screenshot and/or steps to reproduce would help me understand many of these issues.

(07-02-2017, 09:16 PM)queueRAM Wrote:
(04-02-2017, 07:06 AM)VorteXiumBC Wrote:
Ok I got it working, but I encountered a bug, when you add a building and set it to "count" the level will not complete in time attack mode

Interesting. It adds it to the count, but doesn't increment when the building is destroyed. I'll have to look more into this.

Currently, the only way to delete an object is to select it using the arrow tool, and press the 'Delete' key.

As in Shuttle Gully doesn't show up in the drop-down menu, or when you load Shuttle Gully from the drop-down, nothing displays? Or as in when you play the game, Shuttle Gully doesn't appear? A simple screenshot and/or steps to reproduce would help me understand many of these issues.

No, I don't know how to reproduce, it just, happened...
​Here's a video

At the time I upload this it is processing

(10-02-2017, 11:54 PM)VorteXiumBC Wrote:

​Here's a video

Thanks for the video. In case you didn't see my response in chat:
I'm not sure what is going on in Shuttle Gully. Can you either PM me the exported raw level (File->Export Raw Level...) or the ROM for me to take a look at sometime? I am a little worried about using savestates though since the Editor makes changes to the asm that is gzip compressed in the ROM and inflated to RAM at runtime. So if your savestate was from a vanilla ROM, then the code changes wouldn't be there.

As I mentioned before, I am able to reproduce the problem you are seeing with adding a building to the path in Cromlech Court and not having it increment the count upon being destroyed. I suspect there are additional data tables cataloging which parts of the building are in the carrier path, but I still have yet to uncover them.

(11-02-2017, 12:32 AM)queueRAM Wrote:
(10-02-2017, 11:54 PM)VorteXiumBC Wrote:

​Here's a video

Thanks for the video. In case you didn't see my response in chat:
I'm not sure what is going on in Shuttle Gully. Can you either PM me the exported raw level (File->Export Raw Level...) or the ROM for me to take a look at sometime? I am a little worried about using savestates though since the Editor makes changes to the asm that is gzip compressed in the ROM and inflated to RAM at runtime. So if your savestate was from a vanilla ROM, then the code changes wouldn't be there.

As I mentioned before, I am able to reproduce the problem you are seeing with adding a building to the path in Cromlech Court and not having it increment the count upon being destroyed. I suspect there are additional data tables cataloging which parts of the building are in the carrier path, but I still have yet to uncover them.

Vanilla save states work still, and I'll export the level data in a week or so (If I can't within the hour)

Here
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2017, 01:37 AM by VorteXiumBC.)

Attached Files
Size: 203.79 KB / Downloads: 47 .raw   ShuttleGullyRAW.raw

Please let me know if you figure out what happened

Blast Corps Hacking « 1 2 3 4 5 »