SM64Paint: A Vertex Painter for SM64
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

[Image: unknown.png]

SM64Paint

This program is a vertex painter for SM64 and is currently in an early beta stage.

​It can currently:
  • ​Preview all levels within any uncompressed SM64 ROM (including mods)
  • ​Attempt to force a geometry mode change from vector normal lighting to vertex RGBA shading and vice versa
  • ​Colour vertices from a palette selection
  • ​Save ROM with all edited vertices
  • ​Allows texture editing including clamping, mirroring, formats, and bitsize (includes RGBA16, RGBA32, CI4, IA4, IA8, IA16, I4, and I8)
  • ​Allows saving texture images by right clicking on the texture preview
  • ​Show a table of previous vertex colours underneathe palette

​Upcoming plans:
  • ​Properly render environment mapping
  • ​CI8 and YUV16 texture importing
  • ​Optimisation and UI improvements
  • ​Properly render light vectors in proportion to camera view

You can download the program and the source here at GitHub!

Let me know of any suggestions or bugs and I'll see what I can do for future renditions!
P.S.: For those who just want to use the program, all you need is the exe on the main page. All other files are for the source.
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2017, 09:23 PM by Trenavix.)

Great work!! Big Grin

I want to try your program but I can open it Undecided
windows launch it with visual studio but he ask me to buy a licence Sad
it is normal ?

(04-12-2017, 04:42 PM)Drahnokks Wrote: I want to try your program but I can open it Undecided
windows launch it with visual studio but he ask me to buy a licence Sad
it is normal ?

If you're just trying to run the program, you can grab the latest exe here.
If you wanted to compile the source, I'm not sure why it'd ask you for a license. It should work any way as long as you have a newer VS and re-added the reference DLLs (nuget)

I tried to use it, but when editing stages I can only use it at 0% brightness, and only as base coat. Works fine on rom hacks though.

when I try to open a rom, it gives an error message and a red 'x' covers the window. What am I doing wrong?

(20-01-2018, 09:36 PM)ZapBolt8 Wrote: I tried to use it, but when editing stages I can only use it at 0% brightness, and only as base coat. Works fine on rom hacks though.

That is because the original stages cannot be easily converted to RGBA mode, and you're likely left with some vector lighting models. You can toggle seeing non-RGBA models in the view tab.

(20-02-2018, 08:55 PM)Starius65 Wrote:
when I try to open a rom, it gives an error message and a red 'x' covers the window. What am I doing wrong?

Make sure the ROM is not compressed (ie not 8MB, not containing any MIO0 compression). The program should be able to render any ROM that does not have any MIO0 compression so long as no scripts or display lists are broken (so if it dies in an emulator it'll die in the program obviously)

SM64Paint: A Vertex Painter for SM64