[TUTORIAL] How to get custom music in Mario Kart 64 edited with Pitstop.
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

11: Note 
Hey guys! How's it been going? Anyways, since apparently I pulled off something miraculous in my hack Kekcroc Kart providing Custom Music, I'm going to teach you guys how to do it!
Now, hacking Mario Kart 64 currently is in a very early state, but this should work on the latest versions of each tool we use in the tutorial.

1. ​Make EVERY CHANGE you want to make in pitstop first, as for you will not be able to make any changes in pitstop after editing in SM64 Editor.
  2. ​Make sure that your rom is beyond 16mb in size, as for the SM64 Editor's extension method will corrupt the rom, making it unplayable. (one way I found to easily do this, is to make clone characters by just renaming the character and adding them into the project.)
  3. ​Next, load the rom into SM64 Editor. If it asks you to extend, you did not extend past 16mb using Pitstop. if it asks you, press NO and retry step 2.
  4. ​Apply every song you want to. Sadly, due to the limited size of the bank, and the inability to extend the bank, you are limited in the size of the music. It should warn you the first time you try to apply a custom song over the limit.
  5. ​The best way I found to make music is by the built in editor, and loading the .mid into Musescore for PC (free version works fine.) and exporting as XML loaded in with little exceptions.
  6. ​Profit!

If you find any problems, please tell me! I'd be happy to help.

[TUTORIAL] How to get custom music in Mario Kart 64 edited with Pitstop.