Super Mario Odyssey: Superstar Mode R8 Released! 1 2 3 4 »
Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Superstar Mode aims to introduce insane difficulty to every level, moon, and coin in the entire game.
Every moon is intended to be possible without taking damage, and without glitches, 2P mode or cheats.

Download R8

Hotfixes are included with the main download, you only need these if they were added after you installed Superstar Mode.

Setup guide:

Trailer:

Spoiler: Changes
Revision 8 (by Skelux):
*Fixed shortcut in "Close, Yet so Far" (Wooded Kingdom)
*Fixed shortcut in "High Above the Robot Storeroom" (Wooded Kingdom)
*Increased height of moon in "Behind the Secret Flower Field" (Wooded Kingdom)
*Fixed camera for "Love in the Forest Ruins" (Wooded Kingdom)
*Further discouraged dram for "Looking Up at the Goombas" (Wooded Kingdom)
*Fixed incorrect objects for "Tucked Away Inside the Tunnel" on first act (Wooded Kingdom)
*Moved "Digging in the...Cloud?" to the intended location (Cloud Kingdom)
*Removed life-up heart from Lake Kingdom

Revision 7 (by Skelux):
*Fixed final boss escape crash
*Fixed missing objects in Wooded Kingdom vertical maze
*Fixed moon rock crash in Metro Kingdom
*Fixed pot-plant moon names and removed unintentional tank from act 2 in Wooded Kingdom
*Fixed Yoshi appearing too soon in Lake Kingdom
*Fixed bugged timer challenge in Cap Kingdom
*Fixed missing purple coins in Cap Kingdom before post-game
*Cascade Kingdom's "Rolling Rock by the Falls" becomes obtainable earlier
*Fixed duplicate of the invisible platform moon in Sand Kingdom
*Fixed missing scarecrow door in Lake Kingdom
*Fixed bugged purple coins in Lake Kingdom
*Fixed bugged yoshi fruits in Deep Woods
*Fixed name for "Blocked-In Boulder" in Lost Kingdom
*Fixed missing purple coins in Lost Kingdom
*Fixed a conflict with the yoshi fruits in Lake Kingdom

Revision 6 (by Skelux):
*Completed Wooded Kingdom exterior
*Completed Deep Woods
*Removed unintentional shortcuts in levels: SandWorldSphinxEx, ElectricWireEx, CityWorldMainTower, TrampolineWallCatchEx, SandWorldRotateEx, WindBlowEx, SnowWorldHome, MoonWorldCaptureParade
*Removed unintentional shortcuts in kingdoms: Lost Kingdom
*Add Sand Kingdom moon names
*Add sphynx and music puzzles for completed kingdoms
*Slightly slowed down the spinner in Cloud Kingdom boss fight
*Fixed taking damage after breaking moon rock in Sand Kingdom
*Fixed position of seeds in Sand Kingdom
*Various other small changes to Sand Kingdom and its moons
*Fixed the moon names for 'Life Finds a Way' in Sand Kingdom, and the one on the Bound Bowl race track
*Fixed Cookatiel rematch
*Removed custom music
*Removed Luigi from kingdoms for backwards-compatibility
*Removed moons from final boss escape sequence
*I'm watching you play

Revision 5 (by Skelux):
*Removed exefs and SystemMessage.szs which cause version-specific crashes

Revision 4 (by Hamhub7)
*Completed remaining moons in Sand Kingdom
*SandWorldHomeNorthPillar.szs modification by Cosmological
*Included hotfixes to various bugs in r3

Revision 3 (by Skelux):
--KINGDOMS
*Cap, Cascade, Sand, Lake, Lost, Snow, Moon kingdoms are complete (aside from hint art and sphynx puzzles)
*Thanks to Hamhub7 for assisting by copying scenario objects for Moon & Sand Kingdom.
*Minor Dark Side improvements
*Cloud Kingdom battle starts in a place you can't get hit
--SUB AREAS
*Modified a moon in the invisible platform maze (Sand Kingdom) which I forgot about
*Fixed a cheat on the zipper level in Lake Kingdom
*Fixed a moon in the tank elevator (Wooded Kingdom)
*Fixed moving platforms in Cascade Kingdom 2D sub area
*Fixed shortcut in rocket sub-area in Metro Kingdom
*Finished the Luncheon boss rematch
*Fixed chests in Mushroom Kingdom costume stage, plus slightly harder terrain
*Harder Moon cavern boss
--MISC
*Some custom music (only included ones that don't bug out much)

Revision 2 (by Skelux):
*Fixed some timers accidentally tested in assist mode: Gushen sub-level (Sand Kingdom), Jaxi sub-level (Sand Kingdom), vanishing road (NDC/Dark Side)
*Harder notes moon in Cloud Kingdom
*Harder ending escape
*Fixed+finished the first Mecha Broodle fight
*Included the correct version of the blue-lift stage in Luncheon Kingdom
*Fixed a cheat on the TRex cave level, and TRex chase level

Revision 1 (by Skelux):
*Initial release! Over 150 new level designs, probably around 300 modified Power Moons.
*This release is missing the large exterior areas of most kingdoms, for full playthroughs I recommend waiting for updates.
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2020, 11:40 AM by Skeletons.)

Hi there, im having some trouble running this mod. I can start the game perfectly, but how can I know if the "Superstar mod" its running? In game options only shows "normal mode". Is supposed to appear "Superstar mode" isnt it?

Im using SX OS 2.5.2 stable version - Mario Odyssey installed on microSD with update 1.2.0 - Placed "SXOS" folder on microSD root

CHEERS!

so i cant get this to load in 1.0. is their anything i should do or do i have to update?

Updated with R4, Sand Kingdom finished by HamHub7.

(28-10-2018, 11:29 AM)Skeletons Wrote: Download R5

Do you have a changelog?

Version R6 is up.

In Lake Kingdom, I collected all the fruits with Yoshi and I didn't get a moon. Is there something I'm missing?

Also both Cap Kingdom and Lake Kingdom only have 47 purple coins.

The moon should appear in the place where the Yoshi egg was.

I don't think I removed any purple coins, I may have just hidden them in a tricky place. Remember some sub-areas also have purple coins. Every area has the same number of purple coins as original SMO.

(09-06-2020, 02:35 AM)Skeletons Wrote: The moon should appear in the place where the Yoshi egg was.

I don't think I removed any purple coins, I may have just hidden them in a tricky place. Remember some sub-areas also have purple coins. Every area has the same number of purple coins as original SMO.

Okay I am gonna restart my save file and see if the Yoshi moon works. Also I only found 47 purple coins in Cap and Lake because I used the Bowser Wedding amiibo and it said that there were no more coins when I reached 47. I'll get back and report when I beat Rango in Lake. Cascade and Sand both had 50 and 100 purples, respectively, so I can confirm that those are good.

Also one more thing, there are some moons early in the game that I completely failed to obtain and don't understand. "Rolling Rock by the Falls" in Cascade and "Wandering Cactus" in Sand both appear to be missing, as the rock in Cascade only gives a coin and the capturable cactus in Sand is nowhere to be found to my knowledge. Am I just stupid, or were these removed? Finally, was the Hint Art moon for Lake Kingdom moved? I ground pounded at the spot in Cascade and it did not yield a moon.

Okay so I've restarted my save file and I have not been able to replicate the glitch with not obtaining the Yoshi moon, I attempted it twice and both times, the moon was awarded upon eating all the fruit. I also found the remaining 3 purple coins in Lake Kingdom, very well hidden. I have noticed some more oddities about the early game, however, and I would love to discuss this further if you are interested. If you also need any testing done, I'd be willing to be a tester in order to find bugs, problems, etc. with the mod. Let me know if there is a better place to discuss!

Super Mario Odyssey: Superstar Mode R8 Released! 1 2 3 4 »