Blast Corps Hacking « 1 2 3 4 5 »
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

I spent more time on this than I care to admit, but I have been working on texture encoding and replacement and have learned a few things. First, the texture table must be sorted, which kind of defeats the purpose of having a nice lookup table. If the texture offsets aren't sorted, the game will lock up in certain places, even if you just swap existing textures.

Second, texture compression type 1 is actually pretty slick. It sacrifices the least significant bit of green in RGBA to allow for lookback block copying. I was able to make a simple encoder.

As a demonstration, I did a terrible job reskinning the A-Team van as the Mystery Machine:
[Image: Vx9Ac8f.gif]

Wow, this looks very nice! Can't wait do add in the unused black car which is actually an unused decoration from Angel City. Smile

im a have problem a not save obj format don,t import model

(01-11-2016, 06:16 PM)gcr27 Wrote: im a have problem a not save obj format don,t import model

Can you clarify what you are trying to do and what problem you are seeing? Feel free to post a screenshot if you think it will help. Are you having an issue exporting a model from Blast Corps Editor? The current released version 0.0.4 can only export terrain and collision data. It currently cannot import new levels.

I want to extract 3d models from blast corps but I'm having problems with 3d ripper dx I can if someone who help me I'm very grateful

(25-11-2016, 01:05 AM)gcr27 Wrote: I want to extract 3d models from blast corps but I'm having problems with 3d ripper dx I can if someone who help me I'm very grateful

At the moment, I haven't figured out the complete structure of vehicles and buildings in the ROM. I'd recommend trying one of the emulator video plugins that supports model ripping, like Lemmy's Video Plugin.

thanks

Very fast rom problem with 1964 emulator any rom of this game (blast corps) I try to the same problem graph microcode
I'M HAVING PROBLEMS TO EXTRACT BLAST CORPS MODELS I USE SEVERAL EMULATORS NOR WITH lemmy video debugger ERRORS APPEARS VERY MISTAKES WHEN I'LL CHARGE ROMS I CREATED VRLM PASTE AND NOTHING
(This post was last modified: 30-12-2016, 09:27 PM by gcr27.)

Hey, is there any version out there capable of running just the levels? Or replacing them?

You can edit only the levels. To play them, you need an emulator, for example Project64.

Blast Corps Hacking « 1 2 3 4 5 »