Injecting a Compressed Zelda MQ Debug ROM into Gamecube's Majora's Mask
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Hello everybody! I'm new here! I'm hacking Zelda since 2 years now. I always loved how SM64 Multiplayer got into a Wii Wad. (Since it's Rom file size only 32mb)

Recently, I got the idea of injecting the Zelda MQ Debug ROM into the gamecube version of Majora's Mask. But, the Debug ROM was 64mb so I had to compress it down to 32mb by using a tool.
The ROM worked perfectly on both PJ64 and Nemu64. I tried injecting the ROM into the Majora's Mask GCM file that I extracted from Collector's Edition.
Why? Because both of the games required an expansion pack.
Also, the Rom inside the GCM file was a .n64 file, but mine was .z64 so I had to change it to Little Endian with Tool64.
I replaced the existing Rom with Mine.

The Result on my Wii : CRASH!

I got no ideas of why that happenned.
The injection was successful and the ROM was working before.
As a proof that nothing went wrong, I tried with Mario Kart 64 and it worked like a charm.

So, do you guys have any ideas of how I could make this works? Thanks for answering!
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2015, 10:57 PM by MelonSpeedruns.)

Did you try testing the rom after you did this?
Quote:​but mine was .z64 so I had to change it to Little Endian with Tool64.

I think you should just try the injecting the rom before the change to little endian.

It might be worth checking if the compressed debug rom works on real N64 hardware
My threads are now being maintained here

Yes, it does work perfectly on N64 Hardware with an Everdrive. So the problem might not be ROM.

Injecting a Compressed Zelda MQ Debug ROM into Gamecube's Majora's Mask