New Level Editor
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

EDIT: Released! Big Grin  here it is!
Requires Unity Editor on Windows. Please extract the .zip and read the enclosed Instructions.html !!!

Hello everyone! I already have a thread for this at SMW central but I wanted to start one here as well.

As the title says, I'm working on a level editor for Super Mario 64. It doesn't do very much right now, because it's under two weeks old, but it's coming along! It already has colored vertex editing (of the original game - extended ROM support is coming after the first release, which is coming in about a week). Here's some screenshots taken throughout development:

pic of editor

Easiest Star evar?

That was one happy gardener!

Pretty Level 1 vertex colors

Can I just move the Island in the Sky to beat Koopa the Quick?...

HAHAHA it worked!

My God, it's full of normals!

Fixing some messed up verts in the original game

Preeeetttty!

Woah, REALLY?

Editingsome vertices

Smile
-Jedi
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2015, 03:22 AM by Jedi.)

Finally here, you have all my support Jedi :D
[Image: Mastery_sketchup.png] [Image: Mastery_paintdotnet.png]

Welcome to the forums Jedi, loving your project so far.
"I sexually identify as a sexual attack bowl of frosted flakes." - MWeegee 2016

#stopwidescreenoppression

here it is, the first release! Big Grin
Requires Unity Editor on Windows. Please extract the .zip and read the enclosed Instructions.html !!!

Please test it and give me some feedback, thanks!
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2015, 03:22 AM by Jedi.)

jedi you are officially my waifu
"I sexually identify as a sexual attack bowl of frosted flakes." - MWeegee 2016

#stopwidescreenoppression

Gave it a whirl. Looks like it has potential but so far, I can't figure out how to apply geometry modes to a level's main display list lol. And you weren't kidding about the strain in Inside Castle, didn't expect to see everything rendered before my eyes hahaha.
But yeah, if I can figure out how to plant B6/B7 (182/183 lol decimal scrub) in a DL node that doesn't contain one (only checked CCM and Outside Castle), then that'd be fun to mess with the vertices. Looking kinda cool anyhow!
(I have no idea how to navigate the compressed ROM; if we were using an extended ROM, I would've just done it myself haha)

Update: I just figured out how this n64splitter works, pretty nifty actually. I can actually navigate the compressed ROM.
I see the editor does indeed edit the vertices as objects and finding the colour tag wasn't too hard, although is there a more efficient way of Unity to auto-detect the nearest vertex of the click? (Thinking back to the Banjo-Kazooie editor, which had a flawless vertex colouring mechanic)
In any case, as soon as extended ROMs are supported, this is a lot better than manually editing all the vertices. I just slapped on a black test after planting in the B6/B7 myself in the bin file

(This post was last modified: 20-09-2015, 11:21 AM by Trenavix.)

Wow so this can change level terrain?
A SM64 Hacking Weeb

Amazing, i hope this project continue growing, can it edit hacked roms (like Star Road)?

New Level Editor