MK64 Pitstop (V.0.0.5.2 Beta) « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 26 »
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Ok, I can't say that I've experienced a similar problem at any stage, but that won't stop us tracking this down!

The good news is that nobody else is experiencing this issue, and thus it's something we can sort out Smile
-Grab a fresh build of the pitstop editor
-Make sure you're using the correct rom: The USA version only as the editor is written for the offsets included there
-Try loading the rom as a new project, and viewing the karts, select one and save it out, and then import it back in. This is the 360 test that's really proof of function. If there's no problems there then it's probably safe to say that everything working correctly. If you have another issue, go back and repeat the first two points to see if you can catch where something went wrong (grab a rom from a different site for instance).

I hope that helps!

Thanks for the reply. I tried every passage (always with clean US roms and new projects) and i discovered that if you save a true character of the game and import it back (without any change, if not the name, because you can't import karts with the same name), you get the crash errors. So, it must be some bug that involves in adding characters in the editor or exporting the new rom from Pitstop that causes this problem.

(10-09-2017, 09:02 AM)MRKane Wrote:
The good news is that nobody else is experiencing this issue, and thus it's something we can sort out Smile

Have you been able to play battle mode with no crashes/issues?
Looking around, this seems a common problem (also back in this thread). Even some videos on youtube show this issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM6hwnBPfco (19:51)

EDIT: Ok, i loaded a clean US rom (working with no crash or issues) on Pitstop, and then i directily exported without doing absolutely nothing. Result: the game crashes at the end of battle mode ecc.

So i think the bug is generated when the rom is exported from Pitstop.
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2017, 05:21 PM by Wariuzzo.)

Sorry the double post; i tried another test.

I used a very old version of Pitstop (v. 0.0.3), tried to export the rom with some changes, and battle mode and the other modes worked well without any issues. Too bad that version has some other problems, so i will not use it. I can't test other versions of the tool because are a bit buggy and i get a lot of errors.

So, basically the problem is of the latest version of the build, something just went wrong during the updates. I hope the creator of the tool notice this and make a fix update when he can. Because this tool is so fantastic that will be sad if multiplayer modes are unplayable. =(

(12-09-2017, 02:22 AM)Wariuzzo Wrote: So, basically the problem is of the latest version of the build, something just went wrong during the updates. I hope the creator of the tool notice this and make a fix update when he can. Because this tool is so fantastic that will be sad if multiplayer modes are unplayable. =(

Come to think of it I'm still using the version I grabbed that "worked" and haven't checked to see if there's a new version out! Tardy of me, but I don't get much time to sleep I'm afraid, I think it's 0.5.1 (if that helps!). Now in saying that, small issues like this are common in early development of tools, and frequently they become something that people work around with the aim of getting more development, as opposed to more polish - so stick in there!

Meanwhile, Solaris: here's your villager! I've upped the brightness to make it more vibrant (according to peoples comments), although think the issue could be that I'm rendering with shadows for more "depth" on the models, when I'm not sure the original characters have this. Confession to make: I've never played Animal Crossing so had to watch a few videos to get the "vibe" of the character, and I hope I managed to capture that!

Now: If any of you over at the French forums want to use this and add sounds - feel free to do so, but remember; sharing is caring - I don't want to see any more videos without a download link to an ipa patch or something so EVERYONE can enjoy our work!
http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=35945211919161522329

Hi, i'm the webmaster about the french forum ( http://x-community.grafbb.com ), all my job, mod, on MK64 is released here and on my forum.
To clarify things. I can't add sound to my mod (how to do ?), I'm not the author of this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM6hwnBPfco and don't know him.
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2017, 04:51 AM by zouzzz.)

(12-09-2017, 04:50 AM)zouzzz Wrote: Hi, i'm the webmaster about the french forum ( http://x-community.grafbb.com ), all my job, mod, on MK64 is released here and on my forum.
To clarify things. I can't add sound to my mod (how to do ?), I'm not the author of this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM6hwnBPfco and don't know him.

First up: no offence intended - I hark from the shootersforever forums which seems to have a more sharing nature than the rest of the internet. It does make me think that I've got to do my job more throughly and release these on the mod site as opposed to just this forum, but also hope that the message will get through to whoever has been making the mods and not "sharing the love" if you will (so I'll make a point to keep bringing it up or something...) Wink

As for audio: It'll be done using SubDrags sound tool (http://goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=212) if you did wish to give it a crack! The trick here is the audio bitrate as N64 games tend to be very hard-coded, but that's nothing that free audio software cannot fix.

(12-09-2017, 03:10 AM)MRKane Wrote:
(12-09-2017, 02:22 AM)Wariuzzo Wrote:
So, basically the problem is of the latest version of the build, something just went wrong during the updates. I hope the creator of the tool notice this and make a fix update when he can. Because this tool is so fantastic that will be sad if multiplayer modes are unplayable. =(

Come to think of it I'm still using the version I grabbed that "worked" and haven't checked to see if there's a new version out! Tardy of me, but I don't get much time to sleep I'm afraid, I think it's 0.5.1 (if that helps!).

0.5.1 is the latest version, and has the crash bug.

I've made some other tests with almost all the releases of Pitstop.

In the end, the tool starts exporting roms with crash at results screen or random Mario portraits (of battle, GP and V.S. modes) after the Chomp Shop was introduced, so after V.0.0.4.0 version.

Hope to get a fix when it will be possible, cause i wanted to play online battles with kaillera with the custom character i'm working on.
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2017, 01:03 PM by Wariuzzo.)

(12-09-2017, 12:55 PM)Wariuzzo Wrote: 0.5.1 is the latest version, and has the crash bug.

I've made some other tests with almost all the releases of Pitstop.

In the end, the tool starts exporting roms with crash at results screen or random Mario portraits (of battle, GP and V.S. modes) after the Chomp Shop was introduced, so after V.0.0.4.0 version.

Hope to get a fix when it will be possible, cause i wanted to play online battles with kaillera with the custom character i'm working on.

As an idea: what if you flick me through the assets for the character you're working on and I'll see if there's some "magical" difference with my setup for it that gets it working.

(12-09-2017, 10:13 PM)MRKane Wrote: As an idea: what if you flick me through the assets for the character you're working on and I'll see if there's some "magical" difference with my setup for it that gets it working.

Check your PMs. Smile

Hey guys, I'm sorry I've been MIA for the past couple months. I moved states and contemplated a lot about my current state in life. The good news is that I think I'm ready to dip back into Pitstop 64.

Unfortunately, what I want to do with the program has been counter to the way I originally built it, so I think for a while here I'll be rebuilding the program to be more fluid in how it takes apart/puts together the ROM. You probably won't see many new features for a while.

However, I have gotten better at assembly lately, so I think I'm going to take a crack at this post-battle/race bug that's crashing the rom. I've got an idea about what's causing the end of the gpx crashes, but not the battle one. Not sure how long it'll take to find the glitch, but I'll release a new build of Pitstop with that patch in when I do.

MK64 Pitstop (V.0.0.5.2 Beta) « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 26 »