Mario Kart 64 Hacking General Discussion « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17 »
Users browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)

A port of Super Mario Kart's Koopa Beach music in Mario Kart 64(over koopa troopa beach). The sound engine of MK64 is M64, though a more updated version of SM64's M64 engine with changed structures and new commands e.g 0xD5, 0xE9. The Mario Kart 64 sequence bank is at 0xBC5F60, the Koopa Troopa Beach sequence data is at 0xBD0740.

Attached Files
Size: 9.48 KB / Downloads: 102 .ppf   koopabeach.ppf

Gone for a while.

The sequence could use a bit of work to sound completely right but that is awesome!

Alright, it's not where I was hoping it would be, but I've started the Mario Kart 64 Pitstop tool, which eventually will house the course editing tools.

​Link to the Github repo

As of right now, there's only functionality for opening a rom, saving a project, and exporting the rom with changes back out, and the ability to overwrite TKMK00 textures. I've been WAY busier than I expected, so I haven't had much time to pour into the development, but we'll see how this weekend turns out for me. Up next is bringing in the level viewer, more texture editing, a kart editor/importer and a heap of bug catching.

[Image: hHGxCwx.png]

May I suggest (since it looks like you're using visual studio) that you make the text "image offset:" a clickable link that goes to a wiki of known offsets so those who are new to the tool can easily look textures up?

It's simple to set up, I know how to do it in C# but if I remember correctly you aren't programming it in that language. It's just a suggestion though.

(25-05-2016, 04:44 AM)mib_f8sm9c Wrote: Alright, it's not where I was hoping it would be, but I've started the Mario Kart 64 Pitstop tool, which eventually will house the course editing tools.

​Link to the Github repo

As of right now, there's only functionality for opening a rom, saving a project, and exporting the rom with changes back out, and the ability to overwrite TKMK00 textures. I've been WAY busier than I expected, so I haven't had much time to pour into the development, but we'll see how this weekend turns out for me. Up next is bringing in the level viewer, more texture editing, a kart editor/importer and a heap of bug catching.

[Image: hHGxCwx.png]

How do you use this program I downloaded the files and there was no .exe file and I couldn't figure out how to use the program?

(23-05-2016, 08:54 AM)Mr. GreenThunder Wrote: ​A port of Super Mario Kart's Koopa Beach music in Mario Kart 64(over koopa troopa beach). The sound engine of MK64 is M64, though a more updated version of SM64's M64 engine with changed structures and new commands e.g 0xD5, 0xE9. The Mario Kart 64 sequence bank is at 0xBC5F60, the Koopa Troopa Beach sequence data is at 0xBD0740.

Thanks for posting this Mr. GreenThunder. Sounds great!

(25-05-2016, 04:44 AM)mib_f8sm9c Wrote:
Alright, it's not where I was hoping it would be, but I've started the Mario Kart 64 Pitstop tool, which eventually will house the course editing tools.

​Link to the Github repo

You owe us nothing, so no need for explanations on delay. The code gets written when the code gets written and no sooner Smile

I like the Pitstop name! I checked out the MarioKart64Pitstop and Cereal64 projects from your Github repos, but am getting a build error, which possibly might mean something isn't pushed up to Github. I totally understand if you don't intend for it to be buildable by just anyone this early in the project.  If you are interested, this is the error I'm seeing:

Code:
​Error 2 'Cereal64.Common.Rom.RomProject' does not contain a definition for 'Reset' and no extension method 'Reset' accepting a first argument of type 'Cereal64.Common.Rom.RomProject' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) MarioKart64Pitstop\MainForm.cs 59 37 MK64Pitstop

(25-05-2016, 03:14 PM)awesomefriends56 Wrote:
May I suggest (since it looks like you're using visual studio) that you make the text "image offset:" a clickable link that goes to a wiki of known offsets so those who are new to the tool can easily look textures up?

There aren't that many TKMK00 textures in the ROM, so I think scrolling threw a list is certainly reasonable, especially at this stage of development. At a later point we could evaluate using an image list or something to show previews to make them easier to spot, but that's more of a bikeshedding issue currently.

(25-05-2016, 03:14 PM)awesomefriends56 Wrote:
It's simple to set up, I know how to do it in C# but if I remember correctly you aren't programming it in that language. It's just a suggestion though.

mib is actually using C#. You can view the source in the repo he linked to above in his post.

(25-05-2016, 09:56 PM)Luke Wrote:
How do you use this program I downloaded the files and there was no .exe file and I couldn't figure out how to use the program?

No binary is provided at the moment. mib provided a link to his code repository and a preview screenshot. If you are familiar with VisualStudio or Mono or brave enough to make attempts at it, you can clone his repository and build the solution to run it, pending some code issues I'm seeing.

Woops! Plenty of forgotten things it seems, but I'm going to be busy until Saturday (I'm in a musical production, and we're about to hit tech week). I won't be able to get to more stuff until then, but oh well.

queueRam: Yep, I forgot that Cereal64 and MarioKart64Pitstop are two different repos, so I didn't push my C64 changes. They're up now, give it a try.

Luke: Sorry, it's code only at the moment. When I bring in the course viewer, I'll make an .exe file and upload it somewhere on the Github page.

I'm sorry guys, I try to set deadlines for myself to motivate myself into doing work, but my life is inconveniently busy right now. I'll be realistic and say that I won't be able to do any reliable romwork for the next week and a half. I might make some time and do something once in a while, but right now having a dependable schedule is beyond me. I know I don't owe anyone my time, but I feel like so much of n64 romwork is not transparent and done/abandoned in secret, so I really want to be open about what I'm up to/what I hope to do.

Thankfully, the week after next I'll be regaining somewhere between 16 to 20 hours of free time a week, so I can regroup then and set a devplan I can actually spend the time to do.

Hey dude - eager for all updates, but I'd say that everyone understands those pressures! I still think you're doing a great job and it's something that I couldn't manage to do myself!

Thanks for the updates and any progress you are able to make. Very exciting developments Smile

Mario Kart 64 Hacking General Discussion « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17 »