SM64 Tweaks Discussion/Requests 1 2 3 »
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

In this thread you can discuss or request tweaks created using SM64 Editor.

If you have a finished tweak, you should submit it to the downloads page instead.
(This post was last modified: 16-11-2016, 12:32 AM by Skeletons.)

07: Goomba 
Hey Shelux, do you think that it is possible to incorporate a Multiplayer 1.3 tweak to the Level Importer? So we could activate multiplayer for any rom hack, I think that would be cool! Chirpy

(16-03-2015, 02:00 PM)SuperToad64 Wrote: Hey Shelux, do you think that it is possible to incorporate a Multiplayer 1.3 tweak to the Level Importer? So we could activate multiplayer for any rom hack, I think that would be cool! Chirpy

Yea, it's a realy fantastic idea!!!

Skelux, please do it! It's terrible to make multiplayer1.3.txt compitable for Cajeasm6.03 or to write all code to ROM with LamAsm. or make a patch. The Patch must compitable with MoreObjectPatches and the Patch shoult not kill the sound of SM64.

(17-03-2015, 08:15 PM)Pascal Schedel Wrote: Yea, it's a realy fantastic idea!!!

Skelux, please do it! It's terrible to make multiplayer1.3.txt compitable for Cajeasm6.03 or to write all code to ROM with LamAsm. or make a patch. The Patch must compitable with MoreObjectPatches and the Patch shoult not kill the sound of SM64.

I know right! I also hate having to compile and change the code to a rom just for multiplayer. Because if we can find the compatible code for every rom we could just activate it and that would be that! What do you think Skelux?
(This post was last modified: 18-03-2015, 03:01 PM by SuperToad64.)

I don't think it's that easy to just go poof and make it a tweak. I mean a tweak is just that, a minor tweak. Multiplayer changes a lot of code, far beyond the capabilities of a tweak. A patch maybe, but it would probably make hacking the game harder due to the changes in the rom. Most patches like more objects would probably break when using them, and most tools probably wouldn't function.
(This post was last modified: 18-03-2015, 04:10 PM by MWeegee.)
"I sexually identify as a sexual attack bowl of frosted flakes." - MWeegee 2016

#stopwidescreenoppression

(18-03-2015, 04:08 PM)MilleniumLuigi Wrote: I don't think it's that easy to just go poof and make it a tweak. I mean a tweak is just that, a minor tweak. Multiplayer changes a lot of code, far beyond the capabilities of a tweak. A patch maybe, but it would probably make hacking the game harder due to the changes in the rom. Most patches like more objects would probably break when using them, and most tools probably wouldn't function.

Really? That sucks! Oh well I am still working on updating the Super Star Road multiplayer rom to 1.3. So I guess I will have to type in the code line by line. Cry

why would you say a tweak is impossible? tweaks can do anything that does not require dynamic writing of bytes. i could imagine a multiplayer tweak to be possible. depening on how skelux programmed multiplayer, it probably is.

Isn't it basically - go to address, write asm code, subtract 0x245000 from address and go to that one in hex editor, copy blocks of hex to where the asm code ends and make xml.
(This post was last modified: 19-03-2015, 01:32 PM by Nutta.)
Gone for a while.

(19-03-2015, 01:29 PM)Mr. GreenThunder Wrote: Isn't it basically - go to address, write asm code, subtract 0x245000 from address and go to that one in hex editor, copy blocks of hex to where the asm code ends and make xml.

Yeah, a tweak could be ASM or anything. It's just in hex and not in ASM code, which is assembled with an assembler. Personally, I would prefer tweaks for minor, small changes. And use CajeASM when I do bigger stuff.
(This post was last modified: 22-03-2015, 03:07 PM by Tarek701.)
R.I.P Tarek701. 2005-2016

Okay, i will try to make a txt for cajeasm, BUT i think it isn't easy, becurse i think some codes will not work for some roms, becurse MoreObjectPatches and other thinks.

Nevertheless I will try it ...

SM64 Tweaks Discussion/Requests 1 2 3 »