Super Mario 64 The Tale of Two « 1 2 3 4 5 »
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

i plan on adding 30 main courses instead of 15, you can add more if you know level scripts and asm, which I'm willing to learn. There will also have to be a lot of bonus levels to add up to 301 stars.

Hmm that sounds like a great idea. I was thinking whether you want the other 15 courses to be on another rom but I guess 30 courses in one rom is not bad. It might be hard to implement them all into one, but probably it might work.
If the midi to m64 tool is done, I might give it a try and see if it sounds better than my m64s.

How many stars would you need to finish the game? 301 stars sounds like a nightmare for us completionists.

30 courses in one rom would definitely be doable. It was explained in one of Kaze's tutorials. I haven't set the final decision for the amount of stars yet to complete the game, but I'm thinking 220.

(30-05-2017, 11:21 PM)Lukitu88 Wrote: 30 courses in one rom would definitely be doable. It was explained in one of Kaze's tutorials. I haven't set the final decision for the amount of stars yet to complete the game, but I'm thinking 220.

By finish I mean beat the game and by complete I mean collect every star. Do you plan on adding a completion bonus?

301 stars for a completionist, it's a large scale hack. I'll add some sort of bonus at the end, make it worth it to complete the game.

(31-05-2017, 12:37 AM)Lukitu88 Wrote: 301 stars for a completionist, it's a large scale hack. I'll add some sort of bonus at the end, make it worth it to complete the game.

How about another 240 stars?
Just kidding, you should stick with something simple. Maybe some new moves for Mario and Luigi? Possibly a hard mode? Or 300 stars and a bonus completion 301th level for the final star?
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2017, 03:21 AM by BaconBoy. Edit Reason: Typo and it autocorrected to something dumb. )

I was already going to do a last level with the final star, I'd have to think of something crazy for the level design lol. I'll think of something else to put at the end.
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2017, 12:23 AM by Lukitu88.)

By "Tale of Two" does that mean that there is multiplayer planned? Or will you just have the ability to change between Mario and Luigi?

Multiplayer is undecided, I'll have to see how much space there is left in the rom, since there will be a lot of content already. Luigi will have his own unique moves that will be needed to get some stars, same with Mario, he'll have his own mechanics.

Super Mario 64 The Tale of Two « 1 2 3 4 5 »