Tool for converting .dae files to .obj OR .3ds (If you can't find an obj exporter)
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

All you have to do to use is go to export 3d model in sketchup, chose .dae. And upload to this site and download as obj!

http://www.greentoken.de/onlineconv/?step=3&outfmt=obj

Hope this was useful some how!
Got Akira Himegawa's 10 Zelda Manga's for christmas, I can die happy now.

You're better off getting blender 3D.
Gone for a while.

yup you can also import skps directly to not ruin some textures with a plugin
Lorem Ipsum.

(08-01-2017, 11:15 AM)Mr. GreenThunder Wrote: You're better off getting blender 3D.

But blender is really hard to learn, this was geared towards noobs (like myself).

(08-01-2017, 03:05 PM)Gamecubed Wrote: But blender is really hard to learn

1 Blender is much easyer than sketchup
2 He never said to use it, just to import then export another format that also my grany can do
Lorem Ipsum.

Blender is a modeling tool, that you need to take courses to prefect (100+ hours of tutorials on the web sight). Sketchup is a tool that you learn through practice, sketchup is also better for level design than blender. "Just to import then export another format" Didn't think of that, but that would take more space on your computer.

(09-01-2017, 12:22 AM)Gamecubed Wrote: Blender is a modeling tool, that you need to take courses to prefect (100+ hours of tutorials on the web sight). Sketchup is a tool that you learn through practice, sketchup is also better for level design than blender. "Just to import then export another format" Didn't think of that, but that would take more space on your computer.

Wait wait wat hold on, blender has the "edit mode" where all you need to do is select vertexes, edges or faces and use g followed by an axis to move the object, x to delete, e to extrude, s to scale and r to rotate, w>subdivide to subdivide and f to fill faces or edges. these are the basics, i model by making a circle with as many verticles as needed, go to edit mode and use these shortcuts to model. you need much less time to model blender than sketchup, plus most tutorials you find online are for complex cycles high poly stuff so that makes amazing models but takes a LOT more effort.
I tried modelling in sketchup and my best i did was:
[Image: unknown.png]
Don't ask me what it is it took me weeks of practise...
Instead blender:
(sword) Not very proud of it but here is something better

(communism symbol)This turned out quite well in my opinion, it sucks but i still like my work.

(piano)Unfinished but its coming out pretty well.

And this was all on the low poly side. I have done also levels for a currently unannounced hack which i like quite (yes they suck)
I did some much better High-poly work but it's not importable to sm64 so no.
You know the thing? i did these 2 models after half a year of not touching blender with no tuturials. its mostly about logic as in sketchup is more complicated and blender has many functins that you should get putting the first letter, alt + the first letter or ctrl + the first letter (ctlr + b for bevel) for giving commands. its as simple as pressing tab to change modes, it has many 3rd party plugins wich makes it amazing, it's programmed in python, it's well optimized for not-so-good computers (the vm your using for example) and is overall better, simpler and more complex at the same time, depending what your trying to do.

Usually people who say blender is complicated just haven't tried it.
Lorem Ipsum.

You don't need courses to be good at blender, I am completely self taught in everything i know.
Gone for a while.

Mr thunder response
Really? cool.

Robinerd response
I tried it, I guess I should give it another shot.

Thanks Robinerd.

Tool for converting .dae files to .obj OR .3ds (If you can't find an obj exporter)