Super Mario 64: Bowser's Barrier [DEMO AVAILABLE] 1 2 3 »
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

14: Skeleton 
Hello everyone!
I'm very proud to present you my long-time project, Super Mario 64: Bowser's Barrier.
After going through many names, many level changes and many near-stops of the project, I've decided to post about it here, knowing that you guys will urge me at least a little to finish this thing.

I've spent the past months, maybe years thinking and modeling some levels for fun, but only recently I have made the decision to make them into a full-featured hack. Thus giving birth to the idea of SM64:BB.

​One day, the toads living in Appletree Valley woke up to the sight of a massive, shadowy wall, splitting their peaceful home land in half. On the dark purple bricks was the shape of the head of Mario's infamous enemy: Bowser.
Puzzled as why the most evil creature of their world would ever do such a thing to them, they called the only mustachioed italian plumber who could deal with the situation: Mario.
As he goes and finds stars to break the wall, he discovers clues about Bowser's evil plan, and the reason why he chose this village and what he will use it for is much more grim that what they could have imagined...

A DEMO IS AVAILABLE!

​French version
​English version

I still don't know if I'm going to do a 3-parter using connected minor hacks, on simply one big hack. Suggestions are welcome.
As I struggle with importing using my current PC, I only have screenshots of SketchUp, which are in the spoiler tag below.
So far, the hack has 6 confirmed courses, and one confirmed HUB. secret courses might be done, no one knows.
Here are what the courses look like, note that some of them might not appear in the final game.

Spoiler: Level screenshots

please note that shadows are from Sketchup will surely not be in the hack.
[Image: R3YZ7PY.png]
[Image: KjbNWBa.png]
[Image: QO71qSa.png]
[Image: 8PjgKWb.png]
[Image: lLigRQD.png]
[Image: Mda1Zds.png]
[Image: 2iz6GGF.png]
[Image: KnRpgsd.png]
[Image: tADo0uB.png]

There you go.
Also, the hack will not contain ASM as I don't know how to do. If anyone is willing to teach me or do it for me, it would be greatly appreciated. However I'll do all I can to make an original adventure with some new mechanics, and I've already worked on it Wink I'll get to importing levels after I'll get my new PC and set it up, might very well be this month.

​If you have any remarks, any design tips, any suggestions for anything, I'm ready to hear them. I hope you'll enjoy this game as much as I enjoy making it!
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2017, 07:37 PM by Biobak Underscore.)
"Even if you build speed for 12 hours,  you can't escape the pain"

Looks great! Can't wait for it to release!
Got Akira Himegawa's 10 Zelda Manga's for christmas, I can die happy now.

Glorious modelling work! I really dig the level with the snake. It reminds me of No Man's Wharf from Dark Souls 2.
(This post was last modified: 17-03-2017, 05:50 PM by shygoo. Edit Reason: No Man's Wharf, not Dead Man's )
My threads are now being maintained here

Thanks shygoo! It's been one of my favorites to design, I don't play DS2, but I agree that there's the same feeling that in No man's wharf, with the rainy ambience and the broken down ship Smile
(This post was last modified: 17-03-2017, 05:50 PM by Biobak Underscore.)

Looks very cool!

Dang... I can't contain the hype! Makes me want to get back to work on Superstar Plumber.

This looks really cool! Good stuff

One suggestion is to make the gazebo thing over the well a tiny bit taller, cause it was easier for me to collect the star without actually going down the well

(03-05-2017, 01:58 PM)SalaMenace Wrote: This looks really cool! Good stuff

One suggestion is to make the gazebo thing over the well a tiny bit taller, cause it was easier for me to collect the star without actually going down the well

Thanks, this demo was just a very quick preview of what the game will be like, I already tweaked some stars for the final version, including the well one Smile

When the Colorful Stars gets cancelled and you just have to add in the level you modeled just because...
Also I'm definitely downloading the demo! This still looks awesome and impressive.
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2017, 08:03 PM by BaconBoy.)

This level is actually a very different level from the one in TCS. Alright, it looks the same, but there are many more areas in this one, and the old areas have been revamped a little. Plus, I made it at the same time as TCS, I did not add it recently, in fact it's the third level I made. And TCS is basically dead so yeah, if I can give my work something to be used in, my hack is the best option for now Smile

I even planned to reference the fact that this level appears in the colorful stars in my hack, it could have been a future/past version of the level in TCS ^^
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2017, 08:21 PM by Biobak Underscore.)

Super Mario 64: Bowser's Barrier [DEMO AVAILABLE] 1 2 3 »