Super Mario Remedy 1 2 »
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

A hack I'm working on in my free time.

I had a full story planned for it but it's been modified and simplified a lot so it's not so important anymore. I'm putting a huge emphasis on level design and creativity, so the goal is to make this as fun and unique as possible. I just got into the hacking scene about a year ago so I still have no idea what I'm doing hence the constant remakes and slow progress. I won't be doing any demos nor will I be previewing every level so full previews will be a once or twice a year thing probably.

Planned Length: 10 Levels and 80 stars

--Level Progress--

​Course 1- 0% (finished, started working on remake, remake scrapped, bummer)

​Course 2- 90% (just need to import the other areas) (planning a remake)

​Course 3 - 25% (progress going pretty smoothly)

​Course 4, 5, etc- No progress made aside from some basic plans and ideas

Previews are on my youtube channel:https://www.Cyoutube.com/channel/UCzDRKUEmvb_A9hG2RdGqaTQ
(This post was last modified: 23-12-2017, 06:02 PM by Rivixnous. Edit Reason: Updates Updates Updates... )

2/cancer and 3.7 on a scale of brodute.

I love how you spend time on making sure the textures are mapped correctly, visually the levels don't look boring and platformingwise they look like a lot of fun.

But the levels do still look a bit empty at some places, not very much but its still there (your latest level looks the best in that regard though, so I guess you are improving on that). Also you should try to de-brodute your level by avoiding straight vertical walls and weird unfitting squarish geometry.

By all that it looks very promising.

I probably have been unintentionally basing my levels on star revenge, so I'll try to do more new things with my level design. Thanks for the feedback

Basing off star revenge is not a good thing
Gone for a while.

(21-03-2017, 02:42 AM)Nutta Wrote: Basing off star revenge is not a good thing

I based my modelling style off of SR4.5, but I guess I do spend more time on smoothing out the models instead of doing what Brodute does, drawing whatever, smoothing it out 100% and then calling it a day.

Thought I'd show off what I've done with course 1

I'm hoping to get some feedback so I wont end up having to redo this again
I don't even know what remedy means

I think it looks nice. You should put some borders tho, unless it's supposed to be a floating island.
This is my signature

Yeah, I've been planning on putting some fences around the place and surrounding the level in water to make it a sort of island. I haven't gotten around to doing any of that yet though.

Shining Stars: Sanctuary of the Star Comet 15/15 courses 3.5/3.5 overworlds 9/9 secret level

Update: I didn't like the way the Course 1 remake was going so I scrapped it (which is a shame because it was about 80% done) I've also been working on a ton of other levels as well: I have a half-finished secret level, a mostly done first hub (shown in the picture), a rough draft of Course 4, and Course 3, which I've put my all of my focus on to finish. I just wanted to post something since this project has been kind of a mess recently. Maybe I'll be able to finish Course 3 in a month or two. Who knows.

(Oh by the way, check out the first post again. I edit that a lot)
(This post was last modified: 23-12-2017, 06:19 PM by Rivixnous.)

Attached Files    

Super Mario Remedy 1 2 »