Super Unnamed Hack 64 - [9% Done] - Petal Plains released! 1 2 »
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

06: Mario Upset 
[Image: mFz6QCW.png]

Hello! This thread is for my (very) work-in-progress mod which I've yet to come up with a good name for, so for now it's Super Unnamed Hack 64. I'll change it to something better later, or maybe it'll stick! Who knows. Ultimately, the story will be that Professor E. Gadd has built a device that can travel into pocket dimensions, powered by Dimensional Crystals; unfortunately, though, Bowser broke in while Gadd was in Evershade Valley, scattering crystals around the pocket dimensions, and it's up to Mario to get them back. However, none of that is implemented yet, and I'm going to focus on the courses for now.

​Course List and Progress Tracker
  • 01. Block Boulevard - 6/6 Stars - Replaces Bob-Omb Battlefield
  • 02. Petal Plains - 6/6 Stars - Replaces Whomp's Fortress
  • 03. Sunshine Shores - 0/6 Stars - Not Implemented
  • 04. Frostbite Field - 0/6 Stars - Not Implemented
  • 05. Moonlight Manor - 0/6 Stars - In Progress
  • 06. Crystal Cavern - 0/6 Stars - Not Implemented
  • 07. Magma Mountain - 0/6 Stars - Not Implemented
  • 08. Scorched Sands - 0/6 Stars - Not Implemented
  • 09. Wanderlust Woods - 0/6 Stars - Not Implemented
  • 10. Twisted Toybox - 0/6 Stars - Not Implemented
  • 11. Battle Bridge - 0/6 Stars - Not Implemented
  • 12. Perilous Peak - 0/6 Stars - Not Implemented
  • 13. Toxic Tropics - 0/6 Stars - Not Implemented
  • 14. Frantic Factory - 0/6 Stars - Not Implemented
  • 15. Cosmic Course - 0/6 Stars - Not Implemented
  • E. Gadd's Lab - Not Implemented
  • Secret Stars - None
  • Bowser Levels - None

​Screenshots
Block Boulevard
Petal Plains

DOWNLOAD!
Apply patch to a vanilla "(U) [!]" ROM using Flips.

Don't be afraid to let me know what you think!
(This post was last modified: 26-06-2017, 02:58 AM by TristanBomb.)

Your levels are pretty good for someone who just started SM64 hacking, I'm also liking the title screen lol. Can't wait to see more.

(19-06-2017, 12:41 AM)Lukitu88 Wrote: Your levels are pretty good for someone who just started SM64 hacking, I'm also liking the title screen lol. Can't wait to see more.

Thanks!

Also, Petal Plains is coming along nicely.
[Image: JpZHZbX.png]

Looks pretty good, and I really like the HUD.

Looks good for a start. I'll be looking forward to more progress.

The patch has been updated to include course 2, Petal Plains (replacing Whomp's Fortress)! Run around in its grassy fields, leap among the clouds, and find the secrets of the local flora. But the fields are not as peaceful as they may appear! The plains have been infested with piranha plants, and Lakitus aren't afraid to bombard Mario with spinies.

​Try it out! Feedback welcome.

There are actually 7 stars in each level. Make sure you put at least 115 coins in them otherwise it's either impossible or really hard to get the 100 coin star.

(22-06-2017, 03:55 PM)BaconBoy Wrote: There are actually 7 stars in each level. Make sure you put at least 115 coins in them otherwise it's either impossible or really hard to get the 100 coin star.

I know for sure Petal Plains has enough coins, though I'm not sure about Block Boulevard.

Yo this Hack is SICK

This is real good for a new hack, think you should have it called "Super Mario: Dimension Crisis" but I think the actual one is original Tongue

Also the music needs improvements, I stopped listening at it while I was playing on Twitch.

Super Unnamed Hack 64 - [9% Done] - Petal Plains released! 1 2 »