Is it possible to change characters in any rom hack?
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

04: Mario Cheer 
I was wondering if anyone has made a ppf patch that just changes the character model to Toad from this hack. Or if someone has changed mario to luigi like in this hack.

Because what I want to do is have a ppf patch that I can apply to ANY rom hack. That way I can choose which model I want to be the player. I was originally looking for a multiplayer ppf patch similar to Skelux's 1.3.1 Multiplayer rom hack, but I have not found any. Instead I plan on playing these singleplayer hacks side by side with a friend on a dual monitor setup. But I want us to have different characters.

If anyone has any idea on how to go about changing characters with a patch or if someone has already made a patchable multiplayer ppf just like Skeluks multiplayer hack, please let me know, Thanks! Chirpy

(21-06-2017, 01:46 AM)SuperToad64 Wrote: If anyone has any idea on how to go about changing characters with a patch or if someone has already made a patchable multiplayer ppf just like Skeluks multiplayer hack, please let me know, Thanks!  Chirpy

Here's an easy way to get Luigi in almost any ROM that has Toadstool64 compatibility:

Thanks so much for this!! I didn't know that if you typed L is real in toads tool 64 that it gave you luigi. Now I just need an easy way to change to toad with his sounds.
I found this hack which is pretty interesting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnBDnw-xlaQ

But I don't know if it can be applied to every rom hack. Thanks again for your reply!

Kinda surprised to see no-one mentioning Super Luigi Star Road or Super Luigi 64. They're probably the most polished Luigi hacks out there.
Also you can create PPFs using this utility.
(This post was last modified: 21-06-2017, 04:07 PM by BaconBoy.)

(21-06-2017, 04:05 PM)BaconBoy Wrote: Kinda surprised to see no-one mentioning Super Luigi Star Road or Super Luigi 64. They're probably the most polished Luigi hacks out there.
Also you can create PPFs using this utility.
(This post was last modified: 3 hours ago by BaconBoy.)
I'm sorry.

Your sorry? For what? Stun

Anyway, thanks for these rom hacks! Are there any other rom hacks out there that have toad in them? Also about that tool I already have it but I don't know how to make ppfs. Since the only way for this to work would be copying just the character code so that it just changes the character. This is the tricky part. I was thinking that I could use Super Toad 64 as a base and then just patch a rom hack on top of that. That might still have toad as the character in the hack, since as far as I can tell the only things that were changed in the Super Toad 64 rom hack was the character and a few sprites for the hud.

But yeah if you could tell me how to make my own ppfs that only affect the character model then that would be great!
(This post was last modified: 21-06-2017, 07:14 PM by SuperToad64.)

releasio has toad in it

OMG! Now that is frightening! Another creepy rom hack to play with toad in it, thanks!

For anyone wondering what SUPER RELEASIO 64 is about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYxMhCXyTkA

SM64 Hacks: http://sm64hacks.com/hack.php?id=300

I wonder what would happen if I tried patching this rom with other rom hacks, pure terror!

Is it possible to change characters in any rom hack?