MK64 Mod Tool « 1 2 3 4 5 »
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

The last changes in this tool are very well and I think this will help when people want to create new characters especially thanks to the skills that can now be modified as weight and direction. Now with this tool I have been able to change the weight and the direction of Banjo thus obtaining a character with totally different languages ​​to the rest of the characters of the game. My Banjo you have the following things:

Weight: as Bowser
Global Acceleration: like Peach, Toad and Yoshi
Direction: 40000000 (Unplayable Soft).

I will now talk a little about my experience with each of the skills and make some suggestions:

* Global Acceleration:
The minimum values ​​are somewhat extreme and you can take considerable time to accelerate.
The increase of the maximum values ​​is something that is noticed that improves a little and that is something that I like. I would like to ask for an increase in the maximum values, since I would like to have characters that could have an acceleration like a bullet (or something similar), so that you can have a character a little uncontrollable in certain situations. For example a character like that would require to handle it with more care in levels like Yoshi's Valley or Banshee Boardwalk.

* Direction:
This is perhaps the most liked feature of the editor. But it does not seem to affect when you are skidding while using the R button.
It is true that the value 00000000 (Unplayable Hard) makes difficult the driving and handling of a character.
However the value 40000000 (Unplayable Soft), I do not seem to make the driving more difficult or Unplayable.for me with this value I have obtained the easiest character easier to handle. This reminds me of the character of Diddy Kong Racing TT (I think this character has the best handling in the game).
I would like to increase the Soft values ​​in the list.

These are some characteristics that I would like the editor to have in a next version:

R Button:
When we skid with R button, all the characters do the same. Ie while holding R pressed and move the joystick from left to right. So what I ask is a characteristic that can modify the skid when we press R with each of the characters, in this way we can complement the "Direction".

FSP:
A feature that allows to modify the FSP "frames per second".

Engine sound editor:
It is about being able to choose which of the 8 existing sounds of the Karts engines in the game you want your character to carry.

Thanks for your feedback. I'll see.

I tried to replace the golden mushroom with the feather (as in the multiplayer hack of abitalive) but I did not succeed.
(This post was last modified: 11-08-2017, 04:58 AM by zouzzz.)

Hey zouzzz, I've found abitalive's github hack page, but can't find a video on what the feather does. Do you know if a video exists? I would just patch a ROM myself but I don't know how to do that for asm hacks.

At first thought that this tool was to edit the skills of the characters.

I think it's a good idea that the pen comes back to MK64, especially if it's like the SNES version. However I would not like to remove one item from the game to put another. Is it possible Zouzzz to expand the number of items available in the game? .would be great if this were possible. Maybe in the game there are unused items or items inside ROM memory, or maybe unused items slots.

These are perhaps the most difficult requests I can make (maybe because they are outside of their Zouzz field):

I would like elsewhere that the CPU might be able to use most items, especially the multiple banannas and shells.

A real 4-player Grand Prix mode where you can race against four other players controlled by the CPU.

(10-08-2017, 10:04 PM)SATURN_81 Wrote: * Global Acceleration:
The minimum values are somewhat extreme and you can take considerable time to accelerate.
The increase of the maximum values is something that is noticed that improves a little and that is something that I like. I would like to ask for an increase in the maximum values, since I would like to have characters that could have an acceleration like a bullet (or something similar), so that you can have a character a little uncontrollable in certain situations. For example a character like that would require to handle it with more care in levels like Yoshi's Valley or Banshee Boardwalk.

I'll add 20 new acceleration 4.1 to 5.0, 6.0, 7.0, 8.0, 9.0 and 10.0.

(10-08-2017, 10:04 PM)SATURN_81 Wrote:
* Direction:
This is perhaps the most liked feature of the editor. But it does not seem to affect when you are skidding while using the R button.
It is true that the value 00000000 (Unplayable Hard) makes difficult the driving and handling of a character.
However the value 40000000 (Unplayable Soft), I do not seem to make the driving more difficult or Unplayable.for me with this value I have obtained the easiest character easier to handle. This reminds me of the character of Diddy Kong Racing TT (I think this character has the best handling in the game).
I would like to increase the Soft values in the list.

I'll add 20 new acceleration in Soft. And i'll see for the R button.

These are some characteristics that I would like the editor to have in a next version:

R Button:
When we skid with R button, all the characters do the same. Ie while holding R pressed and move the joystick from left to right. So what I ask is a characteristic that can modify the skid when we press R with each of the characters, in this way we can complement the "Direction".

Personnaly, I can't.

FSP:
A feature that allows to modify the FSP "frames per second".

Maybe,i'll see.

Engine sound editor:
It is about being able to choose which of the 8 existing sounds of the Karts engines in the game you want your character to carry.

Personnaly, I can't.

(11-08-2017, 04:07 PM)SATURN_81 Wrote:
At first thought that this tool was to edit the skills of the characters.

I think it's a good idea that the pen comes back to MK64, especially if it's like the SNES version. However I would not like to remove one item from the game to put another. Is it possible Zouzzz to expand the number of items available in the game? .would be great if this were possible. Maybe in the game there are unused items or items inside ROM memory, or maybe unused items slots.

Personnaly, I can't.

These are perhaps the most difficult requests I can make (maybe because they are outside of their Zouzz field):

I would like elsewhere that the CPU might be able to use most items, especially the multiple banannas and shells.

Maybe, l'll see.

A real 4-player Grand Prix mode where you can race against four other players controlled by the CPU.

It would be really great, but personnaly, I can't.
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2017, 02:18 PM by zouzzz.)

Hello Zouzzz

Since you did the "Multiplayer blocking / unlocking option with the same characters" feature. I wanted to ask if it is possible that players who use the same characters do not receive the punctuation of the other characters that they have also scored. For example if 2 players choose Mario and the first player arrives the first will receive 9 points, if the second player arrives the second will receive 6 points, but in total the two players will receive the sum of 9 points plus 6 points.
In the normal game each character receives his points individually, without adding the points of other players. What I mean by this is if you are able to create a feature that gets players with the same characters score separately and without adding The score of the player who has the same character chosen. Ie what you have to achieve is that a Mario receives only 9 points to get the first and the other Mario only get 6 points to get the second

Signed up here just to post about this, and I don't know if it's possible to accomplish yet! But it would be very cool if:

we'd be able to add an extra Cup (and with that, i think we'd have to remove some features from the base rom (Notably Battle Mode (and have it's own Seperate Patch for Battles and / Battle Tracks/ Battle Tracks with CPUs using items/ Percentage of getting each item if need be?) along with possibly having to remove Time Trial Mode for this to work.

Another thought, is that instead of "Extra Mode/Mirror Mode", that would be where the extra Cup Custom Tracks would be (demake a level or two from Double Dash possibly or Mario Kart Wii?) as the SNES version has 5 cups.

With all of that, if possible to create more room on the Rom with the exclusion of some of the base features, would it be possible to add extra characters (and, again, weight/class/etc which is what I'm viewing here) - to have say 10-12 characters a race (with the addendum to the Points System) + have it like SSB:64 where upon the Character Select Screen you could use the buttons to change costumes of the characters (and their different cart speeds based on costume changes (Metal Mario anyone?) ... other characters I'd like to see added in with the OG 8 are Boo, Koopa Troopa, Waluigi & Metal Mario (if the costume change implementation can't be done).

All in All, fantastic work and I'm not sure if Zouzz would be the right person exactly, but i think with the members on this forum, and possibly others (Kaze Emanuar) it would be technically possible to do.
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2017, 06:14 PM by Username64. Edit Reason: ideas )

Hello, I wanted to say hello, and also I made a crazy charters hack for this game, the objective is to make it hard as possible so 0.2 is even. More. FUN!

The file download is here! https://www.dropbox.com/home?preview=rom_patch.z64
Frantic mario kart 64 is kart hack of mk64.

Oh, and by the way can someone make a trailer for this?
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2017, 03:10 PM by Sdam Sda.)

(03-12-2017, 03:09 PM)Sdam Sda Wrote: The file download is here! https://www.dropbox.com/home?preview=rom_patch.z64
Frantic mario kart 64 is kart hack of mk64.

The Download isn't working!

Someone Help me!

Is there another way?
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2017, 03:25 PM by Matthew Best.)

MK64 Mod Tool « 1 2 3 4 5 »