[Release beta] Kekcroc Kart 64 1 2 »
Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

04: Mario Cheer 
[Image: wD06rxf.png]
So, uh, Hi. How's your weekend? I know mine's been pretty good. Anyways, I would like to announce my Mario Kart 64 rom hack I've been working on, Kekcroc Kart 64! So, here we go!
FEATURES
  • ​8 New characters
  • ​5 Original Characters to this mod!
  • ​Custom Music!
  • ​New title screens!
​GAMEPLAY
They say that a picture is worth a thousand words, so, what would that make a video? A million words?

​DOWNLOAD
​Download to patch!
​ALBUM
So I actually made an Album containing the music from this game, so uh, heres the link.
​Album download!
​FUTURE PLANS
  • ​Full game retexture
  • ​Possibly new tracks?
​Credits
Sonic, Crash, and Skull kid - MRKane
Character Select music, Moo Moo farm, Toad's turnpike, and Rainbow road - Skellux (or whoever made the music built in on SM64 editor.)

Awesome!!!!

I Can't Wait to try it!!!!!

Great work Knucklesfan I've seen the video but I haven't tried his mod yet and it won't take long.

As I could see in the video there is good music for mod, the Blast Corps theme is great for a game like this. maybe the only thing I don't like is that the music sounds a little louder than the sound effects.

which means 5 Original Characters to this mod! ?? that you've edited 5 of the 8 characters with Zouzzzz's tool to change their acceleration, weight or speed skills? If you haven't already done so, I think it would be good to take this into account to give your characters a new personality and be able to distinguish them from the usual characters that are divided into light, medium and heavy.

When it comes to editing new tracks, I hope an editor will soon be able to do something even if it's not much. I'm sure many users are thirsty for that creativity with a level editor.

(29-10-2017, 08:12 PM)SATURN_81 Wrote: When it comes to editing new tracks, I hope an editor will soon be able to do something even if it's not much. I'm sure many users are thirsty for that creativity with a level editor.

I Hope So Too!!!!

But I wish there's More Tracks to Come!!
(This post was last modified: 29-10-2017, 08:25 PM by Matthew Best.)

(29-10-2017, 06:25 PM)Matthew Best Wrote: Awesome!!!!

I Can't Wait to try it!!!!!

Thanks man!

(29-10-2017, 08:12 PM)SATURN_81 Wrote:
Great work Knucklesfan I've seen the video but I haven't tried his mod yet and it won't take long.

Thanks! You'll need to use Floating IPS to apply the patch btw.

As I could see in the video there is good music for mod, the Blast Corps theme is great for a game like this. maybe the only thing I don't like is that the music sounds a little louder than the sound effects.

Yeah, it is louder, but I probably could tone that down in the next update

which means 5 Original Characters to this mod! ?? that you've edited 5 of the 8 characters with Zouzzzz' tool to change their acceleration, weight or speed skills? If you haven't already done so, I think it would be good to take this into account to give your characters a new personality and be able to distinguish them from the usual characters that are divided into light, medium and heavy.

Yeah, I haven't changed it with Zouzzzz's tool yet, but that popped into my mind when I was finishing the game, but I couldn't remember what the name of the tool was! Certainly will be in the next release.

When it comes to editing new tracks, I hope an editor will soon be able to do something even if it's not much. I'm sure many users are thirsty for that creativity with a level editor.

Yeah, I'm ready for level editing! Thanks man.

How did you manage to get both custom characters and custom music into your mod without the game crashing at the character select screen? Were you using an older version of SM64 Editor?

(13-01-2018, 04:19 PM)SaiyaPeople Wrote: How did you manage to get both custom characters and custom music into your mod without the game crashing at the character select screen? Were you using an older version of SM64 Editor?

First, edit and COMPLETE your character mods in pitstop64. Now, your rom must be above 16mb and NOT be extended by sm64 editor. This is what causes the crash your talking about. Now, the best way I figured out how to do this is to make clone characters (i.e go in chompshop, rename a character, export the .kart and import that into Pitstop.) Another way you could possibly do this is with a hex editor and add blank bytes to the end of the file. Next, you want to open it in SM64 editor, it should detect that it's bigger than 16mb (It actually ended up being bigger than 16mb, my version turned out to have 17mb. it doesn't matter though.) Now, you can't import music over 21kb, but I found that midi's that are even up to 60kb could fit in. HOWEVER, if you want to edit the rom again in pitstop64, you ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO load the rom that has not been edited with SM64 Editor. If you open the SM64 edited one, pitstop64 will hang and not load the rom. Once you have finished your editing in pitstop, you can move over to SM64 Editor.

Were you using a version of Pitstop older than 0.0.5.0? Because I tried what you said on versions 0.0.5.0, 0.0.5.1, and 0.0.5.2 and I tried using different versions of SM64 Editor and I still get crashes at the character select screen.

(15-01-2018, 02:53 PM)SaiyaPeople Wrote: Were you using a version of Pitstop older than 0.0.5.0? Because I tried what you said on versions 0.0.5.0, 0.0.5.1, and 0.0.5.2 and I tried using different versions of SM64 Editor and I still get crashes at the character select screen.

That's really weird... My pitstop64 version is version 0.0.5.1 and my sm64 editor version is 2.1.3

Hi Knucklesfan, which tool did you use to create the Title Screen Logo's?

The challenge I'm facing is that it has to be a bmp file, it has to be smaller then the original and the background has to be transparent.

If I use MS Paint, Photoshop and an online tool the file sizes expand to 96Kb.

Thanks in advance.

[Release beta] Kekcroc Kart 64 1 2 »