How do you make a Super Mario 64 texture pack
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

How do you make a Super Mario 64 texture pack? I know it's simple to make the textures, but what about the location of the textures and their names? Also, can someone help me with getting the textures onto the game? I have spent hours searching Google and have found no tutorials on hi-res textures. Please help!

You can't use hi-res texture since the limit size is 64 I believe. If you want to make a texture hack then you have to disassemble the game with n64split, then modify whatever textures you want and re import the models into the game.

Oh, sorry. That's not what I meant. I meant a texture pack with the emulator by using Glide 64 Final graphics plugin. Can you help me with that?

For the files names, just dump the textures and you have it. As for the location, drop your textures into /hires_texture/Your_game_name.
And make sure you have the right settings in glide 64
[Image: X1dhh7_WQsuy3FGAOAfioQ.png]

Thank you! I have downloaded Glide 64 Final and put it in file location Documents\plugin\GFX (that's where I store my PJ64 stuff) and I cannot select that plugin on Project 64. Do you know how to make it work?

Put glide3x.dll in your emulator folder, and the rest in the plugin folder, and then select glide64 as video plugin in your emulator

How do you make a Super Mario 64 texture pack