SMSW Archived « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 »
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

I would be honored!

Sorry to bother everyone, but does anyone else have a mirror of the controls test 0.7? The one posted on the previous page at sm64hacks.com is hosted in Dropbox and the hosting account has hit a bandwidth limit. I have 0.5 already, but I was looking forward to seeing what's new. Many thanks!

You made 50,000 subscribers to YouTube. Now you can release a demo of Super Mario Star Road.

I mean Star World.

Played through the demo, some thoughts and constructive criticism:
Spoiler :
-The controls feel quite good for the most part, but is it possible to give the analog stick an actual deadzone with this program? So far it's a crapshoot whether I can get my character to stand still center properly or not, the slightest breeze is picked up as input.

-Yoshi can also infinitely wall jump against the same flat surface, very easily. He's kinda OP.

-The camera also really likes to stay underneath my character while they're jumping, which makes jumping on those floating crates in Frosty Fair a lot more awkward than they would be otherwise. If it weren't for this problem they'd really show the strength of the controls here, jumping on small platforms like these feels a lot more fair here than it did in Vanilla 64 so it's a shame that the camera can't keep up.

-SM64DS's Camera centering was clearly designed for Mario's old movement that had slower turning and runs into issues very quickly with the new controls. It moves too slowly and additional movements while it's moving around to Mario's back will influence where it decides to stop in a way that makes it incredibly difficult to control.

-The big boo has really weird behavior when fighting him with Yoshi. Instead of dying after 3 hits he will shrink after each hit and never die, instead continually shrinking until his hitbox is completely gone, but his shadow is still moving around.

- I really don't like this water level. The concept was exciting at first, but it's really just a small boat with a ton of empty space around it. The tornados aren't signposted at all and have very wonky behavior where they will launch you at very inconsistent heights and speeds. At one point I had one bug out and get stuck in the ocean. The treasure chest star is in a random corner of the ocean that is hidden by the draw distance. Falling into the water and getting out is tedious as hell.

-The blue coin challenges are very buggy, they will usually just not spawn the blue coins at all. I think it might have to do with other objects being onscreen? The one on the pirate ship has a lakitu nearby that might be the thing that messes with it.

-The floating wooden crates in Frosty Fair will sometimes spawn even when the switch isn't pressed. Not exactly annoying

-Hit detection with the shell in the pirate level is borked, you have a roughly 75% chance of randomly bonking and falling off of it if you land in the water after jumping

-Love the inclusion of the mushroom blocks from Super Mario 2 USA. Heart

Were these levels taken from the main game or are they just demo-only levels? 4 Days of development time doesn't seem like a lot to put together a demo. I enjoyed it but its kinda messy.

I love the new Mario's Holiday Demo and had a question for anyone who has played it:

Spoiler :
I was wondering if anyone who has played it yet can confirm if the 100 coin stars make a return or not. Also has anyone found the Seventh Star in the Pirate Ship level yet?

Bob-omb Cruiser's seventh star must be the 100 coin star. This is kinda game breaking since the blue coin block doesn't always spawn the blue coins and the turtle shell sometimes breaks for no reason when jumping in the water. Also the tornado that you have to use to get to the floating islands behaves very weirdly, not taking you up that high most of the time. I only managed to make it up there once out of literally 50 times. The camera view while riding the shell makes this task even harder( it appears to be looking down on your character instead of straight out so that you can see where you're going. And for the second time the game has crashed on me. I really want to play this through, so I hope the final game has these taken care of.

Has anyone been able to get Mario's Holiday to work on the M3 or R4 flashcarts? On my m3 it gets stuck on loading and the R4 says its an invalid ds program and wouldn't let me run it. I tried to also run it on TWLoader and it just gave me a white screen

It works almost perfectly on my R4i 3ds Gold card

I am using a standard R4 Wood cart and it is not working lol
Why you looking at this? Trouble

SMSW Archived « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 »