SMSW Archived « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 »
Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

in how many languages whil this rom hack be availlable?

(09-04-2017, 04:33 PM)Skeletons Wrote: Fatal Flame Falls is complete, all main levels are ported now - excluding some which need improvements, such as Candy Clutter and the new sub-area.

Edit: For the time being, I've changed the project name to Super Mario Star World. This avoids people ignoring the project because they think it is just a direct port. It is also fitting since Star Road is the portal that leads to Star World in SMW. I could potentially even create the sequel as 'Super Mario Star World 2', also on the DS depending on what is decided in the future.

That is a good idea. I think it is better than to release it an the 3DS because it has no fully working emulator yet and most of the people who wanted to play it originally (N64 version) don't have a 3DS.

(09-04-2017, 04:33 PM)TheGreatestRoman Wrote: 3DS because it has no fully working emulator yet

There is citra.
This is my signature

(23-04-2017, 11:53 AM)Poudink Wrote:
(09-04-2017, 04:33 PM)TheGreatestRoman Wrote:
3DS because it has no fully working emulator yet

There is citra.

It works well enough for 3D land.
This is my signature

(23-04-2017, 02:27 PM)Poudink Wrote: It works well enough for 3D land.

I guess, but it's still laggy AF.

Hello!
Seen the screenshots and videos, and I like where this is going!

Today, a new version of nds-bootstrap has been released, which adds support for SM64DS ROM hacks.

If you don't know what nds-bootstrap is, it's a homebrew application that runs on the 3DS and DSi, which allows you to run DS ROMs off the SD card, and Super Mario 64 DS works great! There are sound issues on DSi though, due to the ARM7 processor still using the DSi BIOS for sound.
Since the new version supports SM64DS ROM hacks, it works with the Multiplayer hack, the Control Test (Vanilla), and it'll work with Star World as well.

For those who doesn't have a flashcard, anyone who wants to play Star World once it's released, anyone who has a 3DS with CFW (Custom Firmware) installed, or a DSi with a DSiWare exploit installed (e.g. sudokuhax), use TWLoader (3DS) or SRLoader (DSi) to run it via nds-bootstrap.
(This post was last modified: 22-06-2017, 12:20 AM by Robz8.)

It's not sure it'll work. Butterfly 64 DS, for example doesn't work.
This is my signature

(22-06-2017, 11:35 AM)Poudink Wrote: It's not sure it'll work. Butterfly 64 DS, for example doesn't work.

It works with v0.4.3 now, so it's likely that Star World will work.

I was just testing the new controls.

It's really nice that you can just run without having to constantly be pressing the Y button.
One thing that kinda annoys me tho' is the fact that the B and A buttons and the Y and X buttons seem to have been switched for some reason..?
I don't really see the intention of that. Undecided

SMSW Archived « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 »