Reasons not to use SMWC. « 1 2 3 4 »
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

A thing I agree with jesse from smwc is that imo greeny just decides people to hate and he starts hating and banning and stuff anything minor they do (including me) and for example he posted publicly on my thing saying stuff just to embarass me. I also got banned a few tines and got kicked from ftp many times. (Thanks skelux and shygoo for keeping that bug where you get pm emails while banned it helped me alot)

I know im gonna be banned for saying this but whatever.

I still dont like smwc's sm64 thing for it being cancerous. The smw part is not so bad and i have an account there Im on their discord and I respect their users.
(This post was last modified: 28-11-2016, 06:36 AM by RobiNERD.)
Lorem Ipsum.

(28-11-2016, 06:32 AM)RobiNERD Wrote: A thing I agree with jesse from smwc is that imo greeny just decides people to hate and he starts hating and banning and stuff anything minor they do (including me) and for example he posted publicly on my thing saying stuff just to embarass me. I also got banned a few tines and got kicked from ftp many times. (Thanks skelux and shygoo for keeping that bug where you get pm emails while banned it helped me alot)

I know im gonna be banned for saying this but whatever.

I still dont like smwc's sm64 thing for it being cancerous. The smw part is not so bad and i have an account there Im on their discord and I respect their users.

The reason you get banned is that you shit post and are often rude, and greeny is the least tolerant of that out of our staff. The difference is, we have a chain of command to override decisions like that, and so the ball keeps rolling. SMWC staff were perfectly happy to keep me banned over Leod's sjw screeching, even after i personally put the time into reasoning with a number of staff members about it.
(This post was last modified: 28-11-2016, 07:46 AM by Skeletons.)

Updated the main post to address another topic, read from the bottom.

lmao, where to even begin with this one. there are some things that should be squared away.

-skelux, people like leod shit-talked you because you had a shitty attitude. your irc channel was nuked off of badnik and you were nuked off of smwc because you are an extremely unpleasant person who thinks he can ride the coattails of his sm64 hack to justify being a dick. whether or not you intentionally act like this or not, the fact that so many people across so many different forums notice should be a wake up call.
-you didn't "reason" with smwc at all. you threatened to put malware in toad's tool and block anyone who has an smwc login in their cookies or whatever garbo you spewed in order to make a point. enjoy cutting off 90% of your baker's dozen-sized userbase who still actually use smwc. in fact, if i recall, impetus recently spoke with you and agreed to link directly to o64, yet somehow that got turned on its head by you. consider who was really trying to reason with who.
-the staff were very, -very- willing to make amends with you and even the community as a whole, but naturally, they're going to be pretty fucking pissed when someone who is a staff on o64 (i don't care if they're active or not) attempts to wipe out the ftp. how petty.
-oh, and speaking of which: smwc and the scene isn't going anywhere, so the people who want it to be "shut down" and/or attempt to single-handedly bring it down are pretty laughable. the site has been around longer than the majority of the people hacking sm64 have been alive. smwc actually catered quite a bit towards them - outside of smw, it was the first game they actually took pretty seriously, and sparked the construction of a lot of new sections and support for individuals who posted there. yet here you are, still riled up because you couldn't dump every single thread you didn't like in a trash can rather than leaving them there for future people to look at for information and/or clarification. great.

the crazy thing is, a lot of people - especially on smwc - don't really care that you or your community exist. here's what generally happens:

-the sites co-exist
-some sm64 hacker decides to lash out (most recently tarek on his little neo-nazi brigade, telling suicidal people to kill themselves, etc - great staff member by the way - and even more recently is that smasher74x guy, who dropped a giant post full of FUCK YOU and other caps spam)
-smwc defends
-smwc is terrible and oppressive, waaah
-rinse repeat

not once has the site tried to take down o64. not once has anyone so much as lifted a finger and come to your forums to spam. most of all, people just want to co-exist without your bullshit drama that you continue to spread across the internet. the fact that half of the people in this thread don't even fully agree with you should say something about the state of this situation.

re: leomon - he's hot-headed and emotional, but he is personally very upset by trump's presidency. that being said, yes, that post is too blunt, but understand that there are a lot of people who are feeling the same way as him.

seriously, think about the whole picture here and not just one side of it, and maybe you'll see why smwc is on the defensive
(This post was last modified: 28-11-2016, 10:35 PM by quaint.)

(28-11-2016, 10:32 PM)quaint Wrote: lmao, where to even begin with this one. there are some things that should be squared away.

-skelux, people like leod shit-talked you because you had a shitty attitude. your irc channel was nuked off of badnik and you were nuked off of smwc because you are an extremely unpleasant person who thinks he can ride the coattails of his sm64 hack to justify being a dick. whether or not you intentionally act like this or not, the fact that so many people across so many different forums notice should be a wake up call.
-you didn't "reason" with smwc at all. you threatened to put malware in toad's tool and block anyone who has an smwc login in their cookies or whatever garbo you spewed in order to make a point. enjoy cutting off 90% of your baker's dozen-sized userbase who still actually use smwc. in fact, if i recall, impetus recently spoke with you and agreed to link directly to o64, yet somehow that got turned on its head by you. consider who was really trying to reason with who.
-the staff were very, -very- willing to make amends with you and even the community as a whole, but naturally, they're going to be pretty fucking pissed when someone who is a staff on o64 (i don't care if they're active or not) attempts to wipe out the ftp. how petty.
-oh, and speaking of which: smwc and the scene isn't going anywhere, so the people who want it to be "shut down"  and/or attempt to single-handedly bring it down are pretty laughable. the site has been around longer than the majority of the people hacking sm64 have been alive. smwc actually catered quite a bit towards them - outside of smw, it was the first game they actually took pretty seriously, and sparked the construction of a lot of new sections and support for individuals who posted there. yet here you are, still riled up because you couldn't dump every single thread you didn't like in a trash can rather than leaving them there for future people to look at for information and/or clarification. great.

the crazy thing is, a lot of people - especially on smwc - don't really care that you or your community exist. here's what generally happens:

-the sites co-exist
-some sm64 hacker decides to lash out (most recently tarek on his little neo-nazi brigade, telling suicidal people to kill themselves, etc - great staff member by the way - and even more recently is that smasher74x guy, who dropped a giant post full of FUCK YOU and other caps spam)
-smwc defends
-smwc is terrible and oppressive, waaah
-rinse repeat

not once has the site tried to take down o64. not once has anyone so much as lifted a finger and come to your forums to spam. most of all, people just want to co-exist without your bullshit drama that you continue to spread across the internet. the fact that half of the people in this thread don't even fully agree with you should say something about the state of this situation.

re: leomon - he's hot-headed and emotional, but he is personally very upset by trump's presidency. that being said, yes, that post is too blunt, but understand that there are a lot of people who are feeling the same way as him.

seriously, think about the whole picture here and not just one side of it, and maybe you'll see why smwc is on the defensive

My shitty attitude? I behaved completely reasonably while on the SMWC irc, and even during political debates did not resort to personal insults as other people were throwing at me. I'd ask you to explain just how I'm "extremely unpleasant", but I'd only expect an answer full of exaggeration and misquotation, so there's little point.

In that statement I was referring to my many past failed interactions with SMWC, but anyhow, refer to point number 4 in the main post. SMWC is not entitled to people's hard work, and it is ludicrous that I should have to resort to threats to get my own way on the matter of author credit. That discussion ended with me making it clear I only want links to my tools on O64 rather than private hosting, but I suppose SMWC staff don't think they have to credit an author as desired if they think the author is a terrible Nazi. Also, that doesn't even qualify as malware in the first place. If you believe that is somehow illegal, prove it to me, provide the legal documents to back up your overtly stupid statement.

Up until this point in time I've attempted to negotiate with SMWC over a number of issues and it never gets us anywhere, as I said.

I feel like you are completely out of the loop here, did you actually read through this thread? I made it clear that my intention is to shift SM64 hackers over to our forum where all the experienced community members reside.

People have attacked and spammed our site numerous times, but with our superior forum technology they are quickly swatted.

The only people in this thread not agreeing seem to be the people who came over from SMWC to argue, and perhaps RobiNERD if he counts as a person.
(This post was last modified: 28-11-2016, 11:33 PM by Skeletons.)

(28-11-2016, 11:14 PM)Skeletons Wrote: The only people in this thread not agreeing seem to be the people who came over from SMWC to argue, and perhaps RobiNERD if he counts as a person.

So let me get this right, you claim to accept more opinions here than on SMWC, and you claim to not resort to personal attacks in disagreements.

But, you insult your own users like this when they express a difference of opinion with you?

I hope other people reading this thread are able to see your hypocrisy too.

Also, when did SMWC staff not credit you. It says "made by Skelux". Nobody has stolen it and claimed it as their own work Have you asked them to change your name to skeletons, if that's the issue?

Lastly some people enjoy hacking SM64 on SMWCentral. Why do you have to try and bully them into joining your site. Nobody is going to want to join this site when you treat people here in the way that you do, short of the small userbase you have.

Skeletons Wrote:Also, that doesn't even qualify as malware in the first place. If you believe that is somehow illegal, prove it to me, provide the legal documents to back up your overtly stupid statement.

my "overtly stupid statement" did not once mention the legality of such a thing, nor did the word "legal" even appear in my post, so perhaps you really are just reading things that aren't there. being a dick and injecting foreign shit in your code to keep people you deem unworthy from using it, however, is an overtly dickish move that goes against your so-called "acceptance" of everyone.

Skeletons Wrote:​People have attacked and spammed our site numerous times, but with our superior forum technology they are quickly swatted.

your "superior forum technology"? so, a ban button? a "delete post" button? thank god we're living in 1997 then.

(28-11-2016, 11:44 PM)quaint Wrote: your "superior forum technology"? so, a ban button? a "delete post" button? thank god we're living in 1997 then.

What a unenthusiastic response. Your intention is: to be dick over this shit. >__<
I'm not replying to your Damn Thread if nobody understands what you're saying.

This post has been sent from Microsoft Surface Pro Windows 10

(28-11-2016, 11:48 PM)SmithJrBlaquaLuigi Wrote: What a unenthusiastic response. Your intention is: to be dick over this shit. >__<

hey skelux, remember that time you said i was "out of the loop"? should have saved it for this stellar individual, lmao

Did you really need to quote my post even you're talking to skelux instead of me? Wow, Jesus christ dude.
I'm not replying to your Damn Thread if nobody understands what you're saying.

This post has been sent from Microsoft Surface Pro Windows 10

Reasons not to use SMWC. « 1 2 3 4 »