MK64 Pitstop (V.0.0.5.2 Beta) « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 26 »
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Don't worry about rushing! And if you've a paypal/account/whatever we could send money to buy you a coffee don't hesitate to put it up!

Pertaining to the race ending stuff - I've got a few pointers for the codeblocks that control those so could dig through my notes to find them if you did wish (but I think it's mainly the "round complete" as opposed to "select winners" code which mightn't be useful). The ASM side of things is pretty ambitious as it's a real mess for Mario Kart.

Are you in contact with Zoinkity? He was giving it a little bit of attention but I don't know how far he got - he may have some useful notes that could help you along a little Smile

GOOD LUCK - and good luck also with getting your feet back after the move!!!

That's great to hear mib_f8sm9c! I agree with MRKane about the coffee Big Grin

I might send out my paypal later, but I don't feel like I've done enough lately to get any sort of recompense for my actions.

As for assembly, you shouldn't worry, I've been levelling up with QueueRAM's help behind the scenes. As evidence, I've already found the source of the bug this evening and I have a workaround for it. It's a shitty workaround, but oh well. Here's a program that can 'fix' it for your modded ROM:

​https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByMgk_gq9ClkclZyZ0hTeTlaazA

[Image: mmSOhjC.png]

My original thoughts were that there were some hardcoded references to the portrait images that get messed up when the new images are introduced, and then an image is improperly loaded. However, the truth is that there's actually some strange table (maybe related to text effects) embedded into the Text Bank that I either exclude or move somewhere else when the ROM gets exported from Pitstop64. Strange that it's the text that messed up the ROM and not the Kart images, but that's how it is. The workaround I mentioned is to revert all the Text data to the raw ROM's version. It'll erase any changes made to it, but it'll fix the crash.

TLDR; I can fix the crash, but in exchange you have to revert any Text-changes you made, like character names.

I'll do some more investigations to figure out how to bring this into Pitstop64. I'm not 100% sure this fixes the end of the Grand Prix issues, but I believe this fixes the battle mode. It did for me.

I can confirm that this fixed all the problems in every mode. Great work! Big Grin

So, i'm finally ready to release my first character:

Credits and download in video description.

Online play with a friend.
(This post was last modified: 15-09-2017, 11:00 PM by Wariuzzo.)

(15-09-2017, 06:30 PM)Wariuzzo Wrote: I can confirm that this fixed all the problems in every mode. Great work! Big Grin

So, i'm finally ready to release my first character:

Credits and download in video description.

Good work!

Wariuzzo that is exceptional work! I'm thrilled to see what you've managed to do! And also really happy to hear that the crash problems are solved!

This community is fantastic Big Grin Big Grin

(15-09-2017, 11:47 PM)MRKane Wrote: Wariuzzo that is exceptional work! I'm thrilled to see what you've managed to do! And also really happy to hear that the crash problems are solved!

This community is fantastic Big Grin Big Grin

Without your kart setup I would not even be halfway of the work. Tongue

(16-09-2017, 12:11 AM)Wariuzzo Wrote: Without your kart setup I would not even be halfway of the work.  Tongue

I'll have none of that! lol My one founding rule tends to be "sharing is caring" and I've been running people up about it Wink
The next challenge, of course, is getting the rigging working in blender.

Out of interest: what did you use to do the character select animations?

(16-09-2017, 04:28 AM)MRKane Wrote: Out of interest: what did you use to do the character select animations?

I drew every frame in photoshop. It's 100% original and made just for the mod.  Smile

Spoiler :
[Image: TEWq9e4PQvmFG7ZV12-33w.png]
(This post was last modified: 16-09-2017, 02:16 PM by Wariuzzo.)

well done Wariuzzo, good work with Wiggler. Maybe he will still use Zouzzz's tool to change the acceleration, weight and speed (that's the personal touch you might want in your character), because I still think this new character continues to have the same skills as Donkey Kong.

by the way Wariuzzo:
what program do you use to play Mario Kart64 online? I use Project64 kaillera and the reason for my question is that I can not select my rom of Mario Kart 64 with Banjo to play online, because the modified rom does not appear in the list. I have already updated the list of roms but still does not appear and for that very reason I am very surprised that you can play Mario kart 64 with Wiggler online.

I have not been able to prove his character yet. the problem is that I do not know what kind of file is Wiggler.kart I do not know what kind of file it is or with which it opens, nor if it can be applied with some program to patch.

I would like that pistop or some other program could create patches to then apply them and that people can upload their patches and this way everyone can test the work of others and above all that would allow patch patches already patched in case people wants to keep adding things in the future. is it possible to add any such feature to your mib_f8sm9c program?

MK64 Pitstop (V.0.0.5.2 Beta) « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 26 »