Super Mario Odyssey: Superstar Mode R8 Released! « 1 2 3 4 »
Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Feel free to report any more issues, and I will continue to comment on them.

A lot of the moons and coins are very well hidden, so if something appears to be missing you likely just haven't found it yet, as with the Lake Kingdom coins. By memory, I know for a fact the wandering cactus moon is still present. I am unsure about the cascade one, I'll take a look.

Edit: The stone is sitting on a cliff near a set of 3 cloud platforms. Going by the level data, it looks like it ought to work fine.
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2020, 02:21 PM by Skeletons.)

Thanks for your help! I did find the Rolling Rock by the Falls moon in Cascade, so thank you for assisting me. However, I did find two issues with the purple coins in Lake Kingdom that prevents progression through the game.

Firstly, I found the final 3 purple coins in Lake Kingdom (no spoilers for those searching, but it is the coins found within a certain timer challenge). Unfortunately, once the timer challenge is activated, upon touching the coins, they are not added to your inventory, and are seemingly impossible to pick up.

Secondly, one purple coin is impossible to find after beating Rango. I have provided pictures down below, and as you can see, after achieving World Peace in Lake, one of the four purples by the battle arena permanently disappears.

Before Rango: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gWBO6c5n7hbOMqdQk02EdM_a7t_q2TuA/view?usp=sharing
After Rango: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DAnrAObm4hZkqSE4IHA3s37X8ApqnSWh/view?usp=sharing

Edit: OMG I just found Wandering Cactus and I'm cryinggggggg that was so funny. I've been looking some more into Cap Kingdom, as I have discovered more about two of the moons, as well as the final 3 purple coins, but I will wait until I find some more bugs I find appropriate to address as well.
(This post was last modified: 16-06-2020, 12:57 AM by jamescamden05. Edit Reason: Don't know what to put here, it's obvious in the message )

Okay I have a genuine bug report now, and it has to do with the Yoshi moon in the Lake Kingdom that we had previously discussed. If you eat all of the fruits with Yoshi before defeating Bowser in the Moon Kingdom, eating all of the fruits will grant you with the "Above the Tunnel" moon, rather than the "Yoshi Goes Swimming" moon that is obtained after breaking open the Moon Rock. This renders the correct Yoshi moon permanently unobtainable on the save file.

(23-06-2020, 12:32 AM)jamescamden05 Wrote: Okay I have a genuine bug report now, and it has to do with the Yoshi moon in the Lake Kingdom that we had previously discussed. If you eat all of the fruits with Yoshi before defeating Bowser in the Moon Kingdom, eating all of the fruits will grant you with the "Above the Tunnel" moon, rather than the "Yoshi Goes Swimming" moon that is obtained after breaking open the Moon Rock. This renders the correct Yoshi moon permanently unobtainable on the save file.

Alright, this is fixed

--BIG LIST OF POSSIBLE BUGS--

One moon that is odd is "Cap Kingdom Timer Challenge 1". In the normal game, this moon is unlocked after restoring the Odyssey and returning to the Cap Kingdom after visiting Sand for the first time. In this mod, the scarecrow and the moon itself are bugged. Upon returning to the kingdom, the scarecrow is directly in front of Top Hat Tower, as it is in the base game. However, after breaking open the Moon Rock, the scarecrow is now moved underneath the bridge, and the moon functions as intended. In short, the scarecrow is in the wrong location until breaking the Moon Rock.

Staying in Cap Kingdom, three of the purple coins are unobtainable until breaking the Moon Rock. The coins are under Glasses Bridge at the start of the kingdom, and do not appear in the world AT ALL until the Moon Rock is broken. Although, I am unsure if this is intended.

In the Cascade Kingdom, the "Rolling Rock by the Falls" moon is obtainable, but it has a new quirk to it. For some reason, the rock only appears after defeating Bowser in the Moon Kingdom. I'm also not sure if this was intended on your part, but this is the case, and I have found no way to obtain this moon any earlier.

I also have not been able to find the "Treasure Under the Cliff" moon after breaking open the Moon Rock. I have also looked at the Cascade Kingdom in a level editor (I have already obtained every other moon, I wasn't cheating I swear) and found no traces of the moon anywhere. Was it accidentally removed? Or am I just missing it?

The Sand Kingdom has another moon with a shifting location as well. Before achieving World Peace in the Kingdom, the moon "Top of a Dune" is on the tallest sand dune at the start of the world. After defeating Knucklotec, however, the moon is moved to its correct location on an invisible platform reachable by one of the new Spark Pylons. This allows the player (I did this on my first playthrough) to potentially skip the moon by obtaining it early in the wrong location. As an obvious note as well, the moon has not been renamed yet, as well as the moon "Where the Birds Gather", located behind the Odyssey below the cliff.

The sub area in Lake Kingdom containing the "Jump, Grab, Cling, and Climb" and "Jump, Grab, and Climb Some More" is missing the scarecrow outside of it prior to opening the Moon Rock. The sub area functions as intended, the scarecrow is just not present until opening the rock. Probably the least important on this list, but it is a bug worth fixing nonetheless.

I have previously reported issues with the Lake Kingdom purple coins, and I am merely restating the issues so they are all in one place. One purple coin under the sub-area I mentioned above disappears after defeating Rango, and does not return until breaking open the Moon Rock, which allows the coin to return to its original location. Even more problematic, the three purple coins contained in the Timer Challenge on the battle arena are unable to be picked up, which keeps players from getting all the souvenirs from the Lake shop. No matter what I do, I cannot make the coins stay in my inventory.

I did find another bug with a Yoshi moon in the Deep Woods. If at least one fruit is eaten in the Deep Woods, and then the player dies, leaves the Deep Woods, or the game crashes, every fruit in the woods will be transparent. After some testing, I have found this also renders this moon permanently unobtainable.

In the Lost Kingdom, the moon found by kicking and breaking open a rock is glitched. After about two hours of experimenting, I was able to get the rock out of its small cave, but once I broke it and grabbed the moon, the moon's name was "/////////////////". I have never seen this glitch before but it caught me off-guard. I assume its name was supposed to be something like "Rolling Rock on the Isle" but nevertheless, the moon is added to your total moon count on the Odyssey but is not listed with the other Lost Kingdom moons in the map menu.

Like the Cap Kingdom, I have tested and found that the Lost Kingdom has three purple coins that are locked until the Moon Rock is broken. Once again, unsure of whether or not this is intended.

Finally, I just have two questions about the Sand Kingdom. Firstly, why did you remove the red sand? In a previous version, the sand was a crimson red color, and I thought it looked quite cool. Also, why does one of the sheep slightly change shape every few seconds?
(This post was last modified: 24-06-2020, 08:02 PM by jamescamden05. Edit Reason: Wanted to cram as many possible bugs into one post as I could. Hope it helps!! )

(15-05-2020, 06:01 AM)Skeletons Wrote: Version R6 is up.

Is there a way to install without the kit?

(11-06-2020, 02:04 AM)jamescamden05 Wrote: Okay so I've restarted my save file and I have not been able to replicate the glitch with not obtaining the Yoshi moon, I attempted it twice and both times, the moon was awarded upon eating all the fruit. I also found the remaining 3 purple coins in Lake Kingdom, very well hidden. I have noticed some more oddities about the early game, however, and I would love to discuss this further if you are interested. If you also need any testing done, I'd be willing to be a tester in order to find bugs, problems, etc. with the mod. Let me know if there is a better place to discuss!

Hi, sorry for bothering, but did you use the hacking kit to install this or did you do it without? If you did it without, how? Thanks!

(30-06-2020, 07:21 AM)PotatoMan Wrote: Hi, sorry for bothering, but did you use the hacking kit to install this or did you do it without? If you did it without, how? Thanks!

You aren't bothering me! No, I didn't use the install kit that Skelux used. The kit he used just allows him to boot a CFW payload with a dongle instead of a PC. I use Atmosphere 0.13.0, so after I installed the firmware, I dragged the "0100000000010000" folder into "E: /atmosphere/contents" on my SD card and then I booted the game and it worked. Let me know where you are on the install process! I'd be glad to help you out Smile

Updated to R7, since there are a lot of hotfixes building up.
Treasure Under the Cliff is definitely there, I just checked. It is pretty hard to find.
Hint arts are not done yet, I have just placed the moons in the positions they will be in, but still need to draw the art.

(04-07-2020, 07:58 AM)Skeletons Wrote: Updated to R7, since there are a lot of hotfixes building up.
Treasure Under the Cliff is definitely there, I just checked. It is pretty hard to find.
Hint arts are not done yet, I have just placed the moons in the positions they will be in, but still need to draw the art.

Well damn XD I guess I'll look for Treasure Under the Cliff when I get home from work today, I'll let you know when I find it! I'll also go through and double check that everything is as it should be with the new version. Keep up the great work man!

Super Mario Odyssey: Superstar Mode R8 Released! « 1 2 3 4 »