Adding new custom items/powerups to MK64
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

After seeing all the awesome development lately on MK64, I thought it would be interesting to play around with the physics. I was able to find the function that takes care of the player vertical height when they are hit by a shell, item box, etc.

I then started thinking that it would be really awesome to try and incorporate completely new items that could affect the other players in new ways. For instance, if you could maybe have a new type of shell, it would hit the opponent much higher/further than the standard red/blue shells do. If one could figure out how to increase the amount of possible items in the game, it could really open up the door for some interesting game play changes. I will post updates for at least the "gravity" hack I'm working on, and if I ever try increasing the number of items possible I will do so as well.

For those interested, it appears the address that writes to the player's vertical height when hit by an item is at 8002F2B0.

Sounds awesome mate. I've always thought it'd be cool if you could throw the fake item box forward like a banana. Look forward to updates!

Came up with a few that consider the assets in-game already. Would definitely breath more life into this game with some new weapons.

[Image: newitems.jpg]

(25-11-2016, 10:26 PM)codeflex Wrote: Came up with a few that consider the assets in-game already. Would definitely breath more life into this game with some new weapons.

*image snip*

Sound great! Are you going to write all of those new weapons on MK64 using ASM if needed?
(This post was last modified: 29-11-2016, 11:12 PM by SmithJrBlaquaLuigi.)
I'm not replying to your Damn Thread if nobody understands what you're saying.

This post has been sent from Microsoft Surface Pro Windows 10

(29-11-2016, 11:12 PM)SmithJrBlaquaLuigi Wrote:
(25-11-2016, 10:26 PM)codeflex Wrote:
Came up with a few that consider the assets in-game already. Would definitely breath more life into this game with some new weapons.

*image snip*

Sound great! Are you going to write all of those new weapons on MK64 using ASM if needed?

Sure am! Got any tips bud?

I think the mini mushroom and the feather are great ideas!

Those are all excellent ideas! I haven't had much time to play with this hack lately, but plan on making headway soon. I will post notes and details of the item mechanics as I go.

(17-12-2016, 07:03 PM)blitzmaster5000 Wrote: I will post notes and details of the item mechanics as I go.

Yeah you should
Lorem Ipsum.

What great ideas! I'm looking forward to this. Big Grin
Quote:A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.
  --Proverbs 25:11

These powerup ideas sound awesome, the feather in particular sounds like it could make for some interesting mechanics in custom tracks for shortcuts and what not. I personally don't see any reason they all wouldn't fit into the game.

Adding new custom items/powerups to MK64