SM64DSM Archived « 1 2 3 4 »
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Some static analysis could probably be done on the already existing VS Mode
My threads are now being maintained here

Yeah but the SM64DSe patching upon opening a rom breaks the VS mode.
This is my signature

(23-05-2017, 03:41 PM)Nutta Wrote: >better version
triggered

Honestly it's the same game with twice the content and improves on the content that was already there. Sure the controls are bad but it's possible to get past that, especially if you're using Skelux's mod.

Version 1.1 is up, this stamps out the game-breaking issues people have found so far. See the main post.

(20-05-2017, 06:42 PM)Poudink Wrote: Could make a patch we can apply to any hack? Another Super Mario 3D Multiplayer would be nice!

I have a question, I opened up your SM64DS multiplayer on my R4 today, and I want to know how you disabled the title screen, I really want to do that same thing with disabling the title screen completely because I am unable to change the Mario head or find the Logo, then again, I can't find the top screen sprites of Peach's castle either, but the Mario head is a bigger problem because it has way too many texture animations and I really want to disable the title screen, please teach me how you did it in this hack because SM64DSe doesn't seem to have a patch for disabling the title screen...

Kuribo64 has a thread about editing the title screen logo.
This is my signature

(08-08-2017, 02:05 AM)Poudink Wrote: Kuribo64 has a thread about editing the title screen logo.

but what I am wanting to do is disable the title screen as done in this SM64DS multiplayer hack, the logo isn't exactly on my mind at the moment for hacking, especially because of the Mario head, the Yoshi head, the Minigames button, and the wireless multiplayer thing with Yoshis button, I want to know how disabling the title screen entirely so that it automatically goes to the file select after touching the power star was done, also, I'm pretty sure I'm never gonna get my account unbanned from Kuribo64 because I had an IP ban from the site, and I tried asking for an unban, and Staple Butter didn't respond to the email asking about if it would be possible to get an unban, so, I'm pretty sure that means it wouldn't be possible for me to have an unban from Kuribo64, which is a bit of a pain because they probably got more answers...

I know, but you can still browse the forums.
This is my signature

Spoiler: Gettable Stars Per Level
All of the keys are gettable, Luigi's rooftop rabbit is extremely difficult though.

Secret Stars: 30 (Mario Wings to the Sky is the second hardest, Mario's portrait red coins is near RNG)

Bob-Omb Battlefield: 8 (Chain Chomp Star has to be done on an earlier one I think. I did it on Star 1)

Whomp's Fortress: 8 (Most stars aren't gettable without ending the game)

Jolly Roger Bay: 8 (Yoshi's walk under water glitch can be used to skip Wario)

Cool Cool Mountain: 6 (Slide Star doesn't appear, prevents Snowman's Head Star)

Big Boo's Haunt: 8 (Wario not required for Switch Star)

Hazy Maze Cave: 7 (Red Coins ungettable due to not being able to break the blocks since they're not solid, doesn't affect other levels with red coins such as Mario's painting level)

Lethal Lava Land: 8 (Most objects in the overworld aren't solid, not too hard to navigate though. Log can be lava bounced past for the star. Nothing seems to not be solid in the volcano.)

Shifting Sand Land: 8 (Camera can be zoomed out really far to get Wario's Switch Star early)

Dire Dire Docks: 8

Snowman's Land: 5 (Can't crouch to enter the igloo, a dive doesn't work either due to the wall jump patch, may not work in vanilla either. 100 coin star seems possible but requires grabbing every possible coin and abusing Yoshi's egg ability)

Wet Dry World: 8 (Level is pretty glitchy, the only way into the underwater city is Yoshi. Luckily Luigi's hat spawns on the star he's needed for)

Tall Tall Mountain: 8 (No skips here that aren't doable in vanila)

Tiny-Huge Island: 6 (Red Coin hole instantly kills you. Not much more can be said.)

Tick Tock Clock: 8 (Yoshi has to platform the entire stage. Hats are located high above where characters could be needed. Wario's block isn't solid, skipping his one use in the level. Silver Stars rain from above for some reason, if player 2 stands still, they'll get a lot of them off screen)

Rainbow Ride: 1 (Magic Carpet isn't solid, neither are the rotating platforms. The one gettable star requires both players to get to a platform and have player 2 float and spit out player 1 to grab the star)

Total: 135
Don't know how no one's managed to catch this, but you don't seem to be able to throw King Bob-omb.
Almost nothing in Whomp's Fortress is solid.
Getting the 100 coin star in Whomp's Fortress (and possibly having it be your 12th star) freezes the screen in place.
Star Doors freeze camera.

So I've managed to actually beat the game, this is no easy task. Every level has some sort of bug that prevents you from getting all the stars except for Lethal Lava Land and Bob-omb Battlefield, and there you have to do Mario Wings to the Sky without the cap. Long story short, the credits don't even like the game.
81 Star Save (Star 81 is the end game star) http://www.mediafire.com/file/h80hebwcxezv277/SM64DS+Multiplayer+1.1.sav

So turns out that the 81st star that came from nowhere was the Whomp King star, so I got to do the rest of Whomp's Fortress (it also locked the top floor). I also managed to get into the Wing Cap Stage, so now I can get more stars. Luigi's probably not unlockable still.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhHA9euHNMQ

The slide star in Cool Cool Mountain is impossible to get. You don't exit the door at the bottom of the mountain which I'm guessing is the reason for this.

Another edit. I found out how to unlock Luigi! In the second room of the Luigi level you have to knock down all of the grey bricks, then the ones later on will actually be solid. I plan to get a video uploaded at some point. Wario's unlock stage is completely normal, nothing interesting in there. I'm also up to 126 stars now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc6waIjyaZo

Yoshi can walk underwater in pretty much any level with water.
Have one Yoshi eat the other, jump into deep water, congrats you're walking underwater.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5gvxsFKZ-g
Application in DDD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4tdn8CVYJI
(This post was last modified: 16-09-2017, 10:39 PM by Lyrin. Edit Reason: added more information to star chart )

SM64DSM Archived « 1 2 3 4 »